Drexel (18 years ago) (100 votes special!)

YES! I finally uploaded this! HURRAY! This is the moment you've been waiting for (Drexel's Backstory)! This scene was really hard to make, but it was also cool and really....really...*sob*...sad and depressing. This is the reason Drexel changes from happy lovable Utahraptor to serious and moody Utahraptor :(. Hope you enjoy!

My mom's green and blue eyes flashed bright in the whitish glow of the full moon, locked and everso moving slowly across the navy blue sky. The forest illuminated like wildfires, flashing sometimes with the life of fireflies and the flutter of falling leaves. The air was humid and fresh, and the ground itself was soft and delicate beneath my claws. Mom watched me gobble down some of Stegosaur's meat we savagely hunted earlier on in the day. I licked my lips, swallowed again, then licked my fingers from the excess blood that stained my skin.

"You keep eating like that Drexel, you'll get fat!" Mom teased from the ground, nudging her underside pubis. I rolled my eyes annoyingly.

"I'm starving!"

"But you eat too fast," She insisted, "You don't want a huge herbivore in your gut now would you? You'd look like a seed, plump and all."

"I look like a stick," I countered with a whine, making her laugh quietly, "You're already filled up, I could tell."

"Ah...not quite," She clicked. I looked at her, then dug into the carcass, ripping out a huge white piece of fresh red meat for her to munch on. Slowly, I walked towards her with the delicacy in my jaws, placed it on the ground, then poked the flesh towards her. Mom shook her head.

"C'mon mom, it's your birthday!" I encouraged tapping my toe claw silently, "You should enjoy it while it lasts! And eat! Nobody should go to be on an empty stomach anyways."

"Hehe, that's true," She pointed at me with a grin with her index finger, then dug into the meat. But seconds later, she swallowed with a look of disgust. I frowned oddly.

"What is it?" I wondered. She bit her lip, then swallowed again.

"For some reason, it doesn't taste as good as before," She muffled with her mouth still full. I watched her swallow again, straining her throat to take in the meat, until finally, it submitted to her force and traveled down her esophagus. Mom sighed and shrugged.

"Oh well," She grinned, "It's just meat. Doesn't really matter how it tastes right?"

"I guess...." Then trailed off in thought. What if I got her more meat that she could enjoy! She loves Iguanodon flesh!

"What if I got you something that you love?" I croaked, "Instead of eating this....junk."

"Junk?" She narrowed her eyes, "I mean, it's not bad, but it's not as tasty. Yet it gives us energy despite of its taste. That's all that matters for now."

"But today's your day!" I smiled, nudging her by the side, "Let me get something for you mom as a...gift! Yeah, a gift! And I know exactly which one to get to you."

"Drexel," She sighed stammering, "I-I don't know."

"I'll be quick!" I persuaded her, bouncing up and down on my clawed feet, "please?" Mom just laughed, shook her head, then look back at me. Her eyes searched for something within my own, before her mouth spoke with happiness.

"10 minutes!"

"10 minutes," I squeaked.

"Nothing more okay?"

"Got it."

"Alright then," She giggled, "One.......Two...." I grinned, spun around, then raced into the forest, hearing her voice thunder over the forest to my ears.