Whiteclaw (20 days after)

Sorry for the half a week wait dinosaur fans! had a lot of school work needed to catch up upon, but I got them done, and this chapter! Hope you enjoy!     -ElijahCole11

A new herd of Tenontosaurs moved in a mile away from 'camp' where the rest of my friends rested. I'm sure Shadow, Amberclaw, and Stella awaited my return, but when food lays before your very eyes in the midst of your own starvation, hunting is always the answer.

I found Drexel before then angry and threatening, but instead of intervening into a catastrophic idea, I backed away, allowing him plenty of space. To be honest, I would be just as angry. Nobody wants to die, especially young like me. I've came close to death so many times, its countless. But being told for a death date is terrifying, because you could already foretell your own fate. But the way in which it will conceive is beyond my approach for now. I was more so scared than sad to face the end. I didn't know what was there to come. Or what else would come.

I should've been born a Troodon. It would make more sense, to be flexible, strong, brave, and smart as heck. I needed reason in my life for once, and I had nobody to look too anymore. They all seemed flushed down the drain like Drexel, lost in some kind of subconscious.

Especially Amberclaw, he's been slobbering over the clock like a madman. He's lost his touch in hunting, leaving me the only deinonychus to be sensible for once. Though I can't blame him, the fact that he's taking the time to understand it is helpful. That way, we know much more of the future than anything else.

Shadow...I didn't really know. Either he was hallucinating or something much rather worse, and his dreams have been terrifying, even for his age as a young T-Rex.

I was scared for Stella and her clan. They were starving more than ever. All the plants were gone. And will they be too? If they leave, we'll be the only carnivores left, and soon enough, we'll be dead like a log.

Blackclaw's strange disappearance shocked me more than it saddened me. He must've sneaked out, I thought, But why? There wasn't even a scent to follow his body. My knees bent low as I edged closer to the thumb-clawed herbivores, scenting their fleshy sides. They seemed just as starved, and fed off of the, (I'm guessing), terribly tasting dead leaves and grass.

I felt sick.

What's the point of killing prey if they're already killing themselves? And I'm going to eat that terribly tasting dead leaves and grass too? I grumbled to myself as I edged closer, perhaps I might as well. Survival's turning me down, so I need to up my game for now, while it lasts.

I scented the rocky earth, pacing myself around the dead twigs that reeked of rotten wood, and through the turned earth of some Tenontosaurus footprints. The sky glowed darkly, watching me from above, and often times rumbling whenever I stopped to force me forwards. The twigs were tall from its rooted bottom, in which covered me in cold darkness, shading away my albino flush in my scales. My nostrils pierced the air, while on my rear, my tail quivered and swung, excited and jumpy to hunt normally once again. I spotted the group of Tenontosaurs, seeing the hindquarters and their ugly faces look around, squawking, moaning, and snorting up a storm to each other. Their orange skin reflected blurbs of water, perhaps since they were tired and wet, or they purposely threw themselves in Shadow's Pond. And if they did, I'm not drinking out of there again. I stayed low, watching their tails fly over me and sniffed the air again. Where was I going to attack? They all seemed like adults.... I paused. There were four younglings in their pack, some in which squeaked and squealed for food, and others in which strayed. My mom told me once that those who usually stray away from the pact run into a world of danger and death. And that's where I come in, alert and prepared to strike against a common enemy to get the meat that, pretty much all my friends (except for Stella), deserve.