Whiteclaw (22 days after)

Sorry about all the Whiteclaw (22 days after) thing. If I put them all together, it'd be way to long, so I had to shorten it. Hope you enjoy!

"GAH!" I gasped as pain boiled over my system. I wanted to cry as I felt agony wash over my brain and build tension in my chest. I inhaled hard, then exhaled. My rib wasn't puncturing my lungs now. I could breathe. Then another thought hit me. How long was I down? Blackclaw was somewhere, I didn't know where. But Drexel still laid limp on the ground, with closed eyes and a pool of blood around him. He's gotta be alive! I didn't want him to die! I couldn't move still and the more I struggled, the more blood trickled from my wounds. I gritted my teeth, using my claws to push me up. Fire sprang from its hiding inside of me, and I heard a strange click snap inside. Then another. And another. Each one more painful than the next, but the more that happened, the higher I got.

"C'mon!" I silently screeched in tears as I pushed up one more time. My jaw wasn't helping me at all as it just hung there. I found myself uplift from the ground for a few seconds, and joy splashed in my heart. It only sank thereafter when I lost my footing and plummeted to the earth once again. Everything rang around me, and my heart was beating faster when I was unable to move. Worst of all, I didn't know where that herbivore that crushed me was. I used my workable leg to try and get a full foot on the earth. But it just slipped. I was stuck.

"What do I do?" I whimpered, looking around frantically, "What do I do? Dad what do I-" I cut off. I remembered something. When I was teaching Shadow days ago on how to hunt. I remember the dream. The old dream I once had. Me and Dad. I remember it...

"Feel is important Whiteclaw," Dad grunted to me, "It could save your life someday. Like how it saved mine when me and your mother went hunting many years ago. Feel-" He took my clawed hand and bent down low until both of our hands were touching the moist earth of the forest floor, "is the waves of vibrations that echo around all living things."

I lifted my paw up from the side of the earth and moved it above my face. With a drop of weakness, my hand then splashed into the red dark blood. My own blood. I remember this blood. The blood of fear. The blood that a Tenontosaurus cut through during an important hunt. I levitated my paw over the blood and closed my eyes.

Everything has its own vibration. You must know some by heart, and separate others as another category." Dad whispered.

I kept my paw over the pool and struggled to listen and feel hard, straining my veins to catch the liquid's movement.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

The pool of blood vibrated.

I felt them touch my paw in strange waves, like mini tsunamis, licking the bottom of my claw. I tilted my head, feeling the vibration go through me too. That wasn't a herbivore stomp.

That was a carnivore walking.

That was Shadow walking.

Towards me.

His vibrations were far away, but far enough for me to roar at. I twisted my head a bit away from the blood and shook away the little dust particles from my face.

He was there. But he didn't see where I was.

I tried to cry out, but nothing came out, besides the blood that discolored the string of saliva upon my maw.

I gotta get up, I thought with realization, I have no air on the ground. With a grunt and a hiss, I tried my second attempt to get to my feet. I glanced at my left ankle, analyzing it hard. That's when I noticed that it was dislocated. So it wasn't really broken at all! I lifted my upper body hard in searing pain, then grabbed my foot with my sharp teeth. I hesitated, knowing that what I was about to do would feel just as worse as the injury I sustained on my side. But I had to try.