Atlas (24 days after)

Hey everyone! So sorry about the wait, I had tons of tests at school that I had to study for, so I didn't have time to finish the chapter until today. Its not as strong as the chapters previous, but its important in its own way. And also, thanks for 1.1k reads everyone! Will be updating soon, starting to work on the last 9 days chapters. And don't worry, the other characters like Blue and Lavender will return next chapter! :D

It's getting cold, I thought worriedly, looking around the desert-like biome nervously. The heat had began to turn down from the blaring sun-less sky above, and the winds changed like tides on a sickened shoreline. My breath had begun to reveal itself beneath its camouflage before me, and shimmered like mist in the atmosphere. The ground began to show frost when the dawn of the next morning came into my eyes with the flush of only one seemingly abundant color: grey.

I think we ate the entire herd by the time we reached a nearby oasis.

Literally.

I was chewing upon some fresh-killed Triceratops meat with Feather in the shade of a dry acacia tree, but for some reason, I couldn't pull my stare away from her. I felt like some type of creepy figure in the shadows who just stalks up upon random dinosaurs just for the fun of it, or maybe, just a thought, because...........I've never felt actual love before.

Not like this.

Her teeth were shiny and pure white, eyes golden like fire. Her voice chirped like a melody, heartbeat stronger than any volcano's heart, or perhaps that's how I imagined it, and the rest of her was to long to describe.

My mom told me to find a mate by my 18th birthday.

I'm way overdue.

But perhaps this could be a promising chance....right?

Feather lifted up from her feast and swallowed with a sigh in pleasure. I pulled slowly up from the Triceratops meat, licked my lips delightfully, then grinned at the Indosuchus that constantly swept my eyes off their feet.

"You must've been hungry," I chuckled amusingly, sniffing with a puff of steam. Feather blushed rolling her eyes.

"Very hungry," She breathed, "Thought I'd never be so stuffed in my life."

"Me either," I muttered, biting back into the soft flesh of the ribs. I felt another cold breeze breath upon my skin, causing me to shiver a bit with a sickening inhale. I couldn't understand why it was getting so cold. Was it me?

"Are you cold?" I asked Feather. Feather frowned, sniffed the air, then came back with a burr.

"Yeah," She nodded, glancing over to me with her mouth full, "It got colder."

So it wasn't me.

I turned my head from her side, spotting Queen and Thunder who were also munching upon some carcasses. Finch, the Lythronax and Everett, the Sinraptor ate together, pulling deep into the red meat that could quench their starvation. As I looked around, Thunder lifted his T-Rex skull to its summit, stared at me silently with a subtle blink, then lowered back down for a chomp into his fair share of the fresh-kill. I sniffed the air again, then caught something peculiar in my snout.

It was blood. Like actual fresh blood.

T-Rex blood.

I turned over to Thunder, still seeing him eat away the herbivore savagely, then called, "Thunder!" The huge carnivore looked up at me with open interested eyes, then slowly stepped over his dinner to stomp over to me. The ground shook as he did, which sort of made me uncomfortable and strangely fearful of his possibly strength, but nonetheless I had to understand the scent. Was it Thunder's?