Blue (60 minutes after)

I woke up with pain within my chest, a constant nauseous stomach, and my rear and back flippers trapped under the weight of a rock. Great. I felt myself drift, as if something was moving me. I was guaranteed those were waves. As I opened my eyes, I saw only darkness and a cloudy atmosphere in the ocean surrounding me. I caught a scent of some blood, sand, rock, plants, and more toxins combined into one, contaminating the water. I floated up a bit more, ignoring the rock that trapped my flipper, but I reached the surface in seconds. Either I did get free, or the surface level....dropped. I poked my head out from the water, exposing my eyes to the smoked and heated air. My heart sank in horror as I stared out from the surface of the water. I was in a large pool of water that circumscribed some drowned trees, but was located many feet from where I was supposed to be; in the ocean. To make clear of where I was, I'm in a lake now. And it wasn't entirely big either. My body was about half the length of the new pool, and every time I swam backwards, I touched the sandy surface immediately. No fish laid in the pool. No animals but me. I was trapped. Twice. To get rid of the first problem, I had to use my jaws a bit. The rock that weighed down upon my tail wasn't very big, but it wasn't very light. I wrapped my jaws around the rock, and being a perfect fit, lifted up hard. Gravity wasn't my friend in that lift, but at least I beat it. My head shook as I lifted up the rock, and with a quick swish of my tail I was free! My mouth opened wider, releasing the rock, whereas it floated down quickly to the lake bottom. I didn't realize how much pain I had to embrace after my tail floated freely in the water. It's like a T-Rex sat on my back! And that hurts to be honest, because I have eaten one before. Then I focused myself into the aspect of my second trap; the lake itself. I poked my head out again, staring at the ocean that laid beyond my reach. If I were to reach it at any point, it would require strength, speed, and unfortunately land. It seemed like an impossible feat to accomplish. A predator could spot me easily. Suddenly realizing that the air was toxic and smelly, I dove back underwater. My parents once told me that if you're in a situation, search for its weakness, before you act and strike. And so that's what I did. But do lakes have weaknesses? Then, as I was looking around through the huge lake, it began to rain. Out of all the craziness that's gone on, it finally rains normally! I thought happily, before busting out of the water to admire the pouring liquid from the darkened sky. So maybe the asteroid didn't do as much damage as I thought! But, like always, I was wrong. The water looked brownish and grey, and when one landed on my tongue and sank onto my tongue, I gasped in shock, before coughing and spitting it out. This was acidic. Acidic water. Oh no. I felt the sudden burning sensation rig my body hard, and at one point, I thought my back was on fire! I dove underwater to escape the deadly downpour, but it only grew worse. Everything around me was darkening, like blood itself.

"HELP!" I cried out, feeling my lungs suddenly choke from the poison, "Help me!" But nobody would. I was alone. I felt my limbs freeze up quickly as I inhaled more of the acid and melted glass, and began to float down. My eyesight was growing worse by the second, and darkness began to cover my eyes. My heartbeat was going faster every second, and I thought at one point that my head would explode. But when I thought that horrible thought, it stopped raining. But it turned the lake into a flesh-eating nightmare. My body was quaking as the acid sank into my skin and vaporized my own flesh. Bubbles began growing as my body grew inflamed and warmer. The pain was enormous, like knives skinning you alive. And finally, after a while, it began to decease. My eyes were wide, yet I couldn't see anything. All was fogged and moving so slow. As I looked at my body, I came back with a look of fear. It was red, patches of skin wiped off, and some in the mists of it. Everything ached as I moved myself, and it was more difficult to swim than it was from before. Then I realized my final problem. If I don't get out of this lake, I'll be a vaporized piece of meat! And for the first time, the countdown to my predicted death and deadly decision began.