Blue (12 hours after)

When you're trapped in a lake that is 2x your size but growing acidic every few seconds, what do you do? 

Panic?

 Well, that's what I did. 

I kept trying to escape the acidic lake, but I couldn't breathe out of the water for too long. I could breathe in oxygen, but not so much that makes me a land creature. 

And the ocean was far off. 

I already tried breaking through the bottom of the salt-water lake to make a path to the other side. And though it worked for a few minutes, I eventually hit a rock that I couldn't surpass. I somehow caught a surviving carnivore (I couldn't figure out who or what though) minutes before after it dipped its jaw into the water for a drink. Trust me, it's the dumbest idea I've ever seen a dinosaur do. It grew weary and took in punches of pain, and while it was distracted by its own poisoned self, I snatched it from the land and gobbled it up like turkey. 

Maybe gobble was the wrong word to use, but it felt like a feast that was enjoyable. 

Until the acidity grew worse. If I spend more than a day in this lake, I'll die. 

I had to come up with a risky decision, and fast. No matter how crazy it sounds. And one did pop up; the idea of jumping to the lake. When my brain first came up with it, I quickly rejected it. But now that I'm thinking about it, it doesn't sound so bad to try out right? 

I poked my head out of the acidic lake and saw that the tide was rising, and the waves were about 45 feet away and closing in. 

Whales could jump 50. 

And I'm about the same size as one, so it doesn't hurt to try! After all, if I don't make it, or don't do it, I'll be dissolved like the trees in the firestorm. I had to believe in my Kronosaurus ancestors to complete this feat. This was something that no other creature would dare to do. Unless they are like me, adventurous and all. My heart was pounding moments before my jump, and to be honest, I wasn't really ready for what was going to happen to me.

"Okay," I whispered to myself, my stomach lurching more than a hundred times in my chest, "Okay, okay, here we go, okay." I took in a deep inhale of saltwater into my lungs, then exhaled. I felt the water shift in waves as I slowly swam backward until my tail touched the tip of the other side. I closed my toothy jaws, taking in another deep breath. I had to take in as much confidence as I could, or I would die just by touching land. I don't know what it was that made me strive forwards, but it awarded courage into my soul. 

With two more quick breaths, I dashed forwards, my flippers catching the acidic water to push me faster and faster. The water zoomed through my flesh like the wind itself, and at the last second from hitting the wall, I took the desperate leap of faith. 

The first thing I felt from the outside world was the cool crisp atmosphere that dried my skin and burned my liquid eyes. I held my breath deep as my body rose higher and higher until my rear was officially out of the acidic water. The world outside my own underwater zone was immensely large. A huge forest of free-standing trees, stood tall, some burnt, and some still burning. And then there were some in which were in front of my path. My eyes widened as I began to descend, about the reach the ocean, but my body got caught in the trees nearby me, their branches poking and scratching my blue flesh, slowing me down. 

Then, I felt the earth collide with my chest. The ground thundered violently, knocking some rocks out of the way, shaking the land. So that was what an earthquake felt like. But nevermind that, I was in deep trouble. I was on the beach of the ocean, where the waves splashed onto my body, but I couldn't move. 

I was stuck. 

The water was fresher than the acidic waters of the lake, but it wasn't deep enough to take my entire body. I rippled my body hard, but it wasn't enough.

"C'mon!" I wheezed, flopping again into deeper waters, "C'mon!" My lungs were screaming in pain as I flopped closer into the ocean until finally, my head and nostrils went in. I let out a gasp of pain as fresh cool salt-water entered my lungs again.

"Okay," I was breathing heavily from my near-death experience, "I could make it." I kept encouraging myself, knowing that eventually, my huge carnivorous marine body will be accepted into the ocean. But even so, the chances of getting in before a carnivore found me were slim. Every time I got a yard into the ocean, about 10 minutes pass. 

My heart was thundering in my ears, and using another idea, I unraveled my flippers and dug my way forwards. It began working as I pushed my flippers forwards, then pulled in a backward direction hard until my back got into the water. It was just my tail left, and as the waves softly fell upon my head, I felt confident that I was going to make it unharmed. But nature had other plans for me. A sudden snap of pain sank into my tail like knives, and a large bellow emitted from my mouth.

"Ahhh no!" I cried as I started going backward, "NO! Stop it! Son of a b-" I poked my cone-like skull out of the beach-water, and saw that it was two Tyrannosaurs, dragging me back onto land.

"I just got here, and this is what I get?" I snarled, snapping my jaw close to the nearest Tyrannosaur by bending my vertebrae like kelp, "You've got to be kidding me." I felt another yank and noticed that my back was now out of the water again.

"I went on land once!" I growled, "I am not giving up and going back there again." With more strength building up in my flippers, I twirled my flippers stronger and stronger, and each swing began to drag the T-Rex itself into the sea. Finally, my tail managed to get into the water and escape the predator's jaws, and relief spread all over my face. But it wasn't over yet. Now it's my turn. I swam a bit deep off the sea coast, then felt a vibration in the water. The dinosaur was trying to go into the water! 

Perfect. 

I turned around, using my flippers and began swimming upwards towards the surface, where an unaware Tyrannosaur was waiting. Using the technique of surprise, my jaw exploded out of the water like an eruption and wrapped itself around the neck of the, now horrified carnivore, while its friend jerked back, saving himself rather than his friend from my wrath. Using my tail, I slowly began pulling his wriggling body onto his back, making him vulnerable, then yanked him underwater. I felt the sweet taste of blood and flesh in my powerful jaws as my face and his body finally disappeared into the dark blue sea. I could see his eyes terrified like all my other victims before, and instead of attacking, I allowed him to drown first. 

His body was shaking, as he strained to get to land, but the more he fought, the deeper we got, until finally, he submitted to his death. I felt the Tyrannosaurus go limp in my Kronosaurus jaws and thanking whatever helpful presence got me this food and ended my long-lasting hunger in that dreadful lake, I began to devour him up like a shark.