Alicea (8 days after)

I awoke. That's all that happened. I felt something. And I awoke. I didn't understand death yet, perhaps he wasn't ready for me. Or perhaps he disregarded me for a purpose. Or unless, he's waiting for me to die. Giving me extra time. That didn't seem about right. But if he was, perhaps waking up to a devastated world wasn't a good idea. I felt my body grow cool and dry, and my eyes began to focus up. I twitched my arms a bit, my tail, and then my clawed feet to make sure that I still existed, then opened my eyes. I was immediately greeted by surprise.

"You're alive?!" Queen's eyes flashed wildly, "How-" She was lying down, eyes red from crying.

"She is?" Thunder's voice followed up thereafter, and I felt the ground thud as he stumbled over towards me. The pain inside me throbbed like an endless current of electricity, and when I glanced down at my chest, I noticed that there was no wound. Perhaps scratches and bruises, but that's it. But I did notice that part of it was inflamed and enlarged. I tasted blood in my mouth again, and swallowed. But swallowing only increased the pain. I winced, gripping my chest as if to pull my skin from its flesh. Queen noticed me in discomfort, and shifted over, examining me with her usage of smell. But then, she shook her head.

"You've been like this since I pulled you out," She muttered, "with a large belly as if you're having eggs. But then again, I smell blood too."

"Same..." I grunted. It was harder to talk as well. I coughed suddenly, feeling the blood rush to my mouth, but to prevent another scare, swallowed the distasteful liquid back into my system, "How long?"

"How long...."

"Was I out?" I squeezed out the last three words in a wheeze.

"A day," Thunder replied, "I think. It's hard to tell without the sun." Then a thought quaked in my mind.

"Queen? What happened to..." I didn't even need an answer. She just glared at me with tears flowing to the bottom of her eyes again, pulled herself up, and stomped away with earth trembling steps. My eyes widened, and my toothed jaw closed up the question.

"She's....been pretty rocked about what happened-"

"What did happen Thunder?" I asked. The Tyrannosaur let out a puff of air, inhaled, then sighed.

"Melody's dead." Those two words almost made me faint. The world spun around like my own dizziness, and I held in my breath to prevent a splatter of vomit.

"Oh my gosh..."

"She blames you because you dropped her...." Thunder continued, "She snapped her neck and-"

"Oh my gosh..." I sobbed.

"Alicea?" Thunder stared at me, "Hey....?!"

"What did I do?!" I cupped my arm over my mouth, "What did I do?"

"There was nothing to do," Thunder reassured, "You did all that was possible."

"No..." I shook my head, swallowing the blood that entered my mouth again, "It wasn't enough. I didn't do it."

"Melody's death wasn't-"

"It was! It was all my fault! She was my responsibility Thunder!" I cried, "And none of this would've happened if I hadn't of been so careless and wake Kai up, but he was dead the entire time! I didn't know!"

"Alicea-"

"Thunder stop it!" I growled, "Just stop it! Stop trying to help me, its not-" I coughed hard, making him flinch. The blood I tried to hold it splattered out onto the ground, staining the earth with gooey purplish liquid, that turned red from the atmosphere around us. I tried to take in a breath, but nothing entered my throat. My eyes went wide for a second, before everything finally settled back to normal. I just suffocated. Thunder sniffed the blood on the ground worrisome of me, but before he could ask, I turned my head away.