Alicea (24 hours after)

All living things need water. It's the basic essential to life on Earth. It's also the basic essential to my most desperate needs. I've been on a little running spree since I escaped the destructive impact firestorm that almost consumed me like shark meat. Being a large Tarbosaurus in a lifeless terrain was like trying to survive a living hell in the desert. I reached a point on my long voyage through the desert whereas I needed to settle down for the night, or whatever time of day it was. The clouds darkened the world in its strange toxins, blocking out the sun, the moon, the sky, and the stars. Everything seemed gone. I bent my knees, then lowered my belly and head to the ground, wrapping my tail around me for comfort. To me, it was a long day. So far, nothing's come up resourceful. I found a carcass hours ago though, but it seemed already eaten. Though it was ripped clean to the bone, I scavenged as much meat as possible to fill that empty stomach of mine. It wasn't good. Tasted like ash and earth. But thank goodness that it didn't contaminate, or otherwise poison me. I've made it far enough to fall victim to this impact and its waves yet to come. One in which was happening right now as I laid down to sleep. The ground was rumbling slightly, then grew stronger. It was another earthshake, but not as strong as last time. It shifted the ground hard, rocking me back and forth like a swing, and rattled the trees. The ground began to crack around me, splitting like lightning across the earth. My heart was racing as slid back and forth in an unnatural pattern as the ground lifted and dropped, until finally, it stopped. I realized that my large bony head was off the ground, yet my body stayed put. My arms were trembling as they dug their claws into the earth for support. I never knew how badly affected I was from the earthshake, and how it truly changed who I was. Usually when these things happened, I embraced it and moved on. But this time, I was too scared to move. I feared that the same catastrophic occurrence would return for me, to end my suffering before it grew worse. Slowly, and still trembling like jello, I lowered my head back down onto solid earth to sleep, but that recent aftershake of the previous earthshake in the beginning knocked the drowsiness out of me. I was just plain afraid. Finally, after a while of staying awake underneath the poisonous sky, I fell asleep.