Alicea (7 days after)

Miraculously, we found the herd.

How miraculous?

Very miraculous.

I thought they were long gone from now. Long-necks, Therizinosaurus, Lufengosaurus, Nanyangosaurus, Maleevus, Mamenchisaurus, Oviraptors, and so much more. I was guessing they all were going to the same place as us.

Maybe.

I'm not so sure. The herbivores stared us with deep conviction and concern, and I feared that if we attacked, they'd attack too. And then strangely enough, we saw carnivores, all in a group, and some different. Me, Kai, and Thunder shared confused and wondrous faces to each other, and slowly, we met up with the other carnivores. I noticed some carnivores that I've never seen before, most in which were males, and some females. There was some Sinraptors, who were in turn pretty small compared to Thunder. In fact, I think he was the tallest and largest of them all. There was four Indosuchus and two Lythronax, that I've never heard or seen of before. Then, to the right of me was a Zhuchengtyrannus and her two younglings. She was about my height, though she had a tail a bit shorter than mine. She looked tired, but confident at the same time, and her younglings were on her back, sleeping. She had something white in her mouth other than her features that seemed to stand out. And I soon realized that I couldn't hold my questions to myself.

"You're a Zhuchengtyrannus..." I smiled friendly, "Haven't seen one of your kind before. I'm Alicea by the way."

"Neither have I seen yours either Tarbosaurus," The female grinned accepting my voice, "I'm Queen. Pleasure to meet you." I looked back at the egg. Somehow she was able to speak with the egg lodged perfectly still and unbreakable in her mouth.

"Yours?" I shifted my large head towards the egg. She nodded.

"My last one. Two young ones and one on the way. It's hard you know?" She shrugged, "Being alone,....caring for your own."

"Your husband died in the impact?" I asked as we walked. She looked at me and nodded.

"The first air blast wave just hit him. And he fell just like that...killed him from the inside out...."

"I'm sorry for that..." I clicked sadly, "I know how it feels. I didn't have a husband, not yet at least, but my friend George was with me. We both liked each other, but we never said we loved each other. Or at least I didn't think he'd say it."

"Well..." Queen stared straight ahead, "We have our wins, and we have our losses. But the important thing is that we're okay for now. Things won't get worse from there." She comforted. I dipped my head solemnly. She did have a point to things.

"Why don't we eat something? We're all just avoiding the-"

"That's for when we find somewhere to live," the Zhuchengtyrannus hushed me quickly, "We're all trying to get somewhere before chaos rules out. If we can find some valley or something green and untouched, we're allowed to resume our old practices, hunting, mating, and all."

"That makes sense."

"But," She hesitated, "I don't know if there is such a place being untouched. Everything's covered in fire, dust, snow, death, and ash."

"I believe you," I agreed, "Not a lot of life is left to correspond with."

"Because we're all going extinct already," Queen cooed, "I haven't seen my kind in 7 days. If there isn't anything left, then my kids..." She looked back at them snoring on her back, "They won't have a future."

"We'll get through this," I reassured, "Together." I saw joy and relief flash through her eyes towards my voice, and I felt passionate of my beliefs.