Blue (48 hours after)

Only two days. 

Two days after impact.

 Since the world that I once knew ended. 

The nights felt longer to me, since yesterday when I was trapped in a lake. Now, completely free and back in the ocean, I was able to go wherever I want, and because of this, I felt safe. I knew that survival was on my side for the time being. But in my gut, mother nature still had other plans for me.

Being a Kronosaurus in a huge empty ocean felt like spotting a black moth in the tundra. It was too obvious for predators and prey to spot me, and being exposed by this much worried me. The darkness still drowned the sky into a pitch black winter-like era, where snow tumbled down with the dancing wind to the surface of the ocean. 

I, myself, was chilly near the surface, so after a while of floating in the light ocean, I descended down to a darker portion of the sea, but at a point where I could still see the above world. Life seemed lifeless around in deep ocean. Where corals once strived with fresh fish and tasty bloodthirsty sharks, laid a wasteland of bodies and debris. Where mountains stood tall remained its flattened carcasses and debris.

I longed for the scent of something resourceful, like food in this deep ocean, but nothing turned up. I felt as if I was the only living thing in this huge space of ocean that stretched out for miles ahead. My heart shattered as I looked around, unknown as to where I go, unknown as to what to do, and thus I felt useless. 

And never have I been so hungry before. 

In hopes of seeing something that could end my suffering, I decided to swim a little farther down into deep ocean. Being a Kronosaurus, going all the way down to the bottom is dangerous. Light never hits the bottom. And monsters rage through these darkened currents. The weight of the ocean grows heavy down there, and already the side effects were kicking in upon my scrapped shoulders. I sincerely felt as though I was an old crippled fish with back problems...

Not that I was a fish.

Eventually, my belly touched the sandy earth, and my hopes drowned further down the ocean. Nothing. There was just some sand, huge lonely mountains, and some dead, if not dying plants that floated in the flowing streams. My mouth gaped open a bit, speechless. 

Was life truly eliminated? 

The ocean, it's such a place of diversity, a place of strange findings and new faces, and now, a desert of horror. Like an oasis dried up like magic, everything that surrounded me was just non-living things. I wanted to cry for the first time, yet held back my sorrow for the end. Next, I let out an echo, a vibration of belief in my voice into the dark world around me. 

Please pick up something, I thought with worry, please, anything

A few had minutes passed as I floated there at the sea bottom, stirring up the sand that tickled my fins and flippers when one vibration returned. Then more and more. As I received them, I grew more and more heartbroken. A rock, a mountain, a skeleton, and more non-living things.

"No...." I breathed, eye pupils wide with terror. I...I was the last one. My heartbeat began to increase as I looked around frantically, searching for a speck of life. Nothing. The darkness circulated around me, closing in like death itself, and fear already had me in its grasp, unable to let go until I submitted to death. I just stared forwards left behind, isolated, and alone. The world seemed to cave in around me, like my own personal bubble. The horror, fear, sorrow, everything flew at me like the sandstorm that hit, and to clutch my own self-being from falling apart, I closed my eyes tightly and squeezed my jaws shut. 

I can't be the last one, it seems so unrealistic. 

Impossible even! 

A marine dinosaur like myself, being this humongous can't be the last one out of the various other species bigger and smaller than me. I let out a choking sigh as I opened up my eyes again, staring back at the vast space of nothing.