The 33rd Day (Part 2)

The Moment you've all been waiting for....Mainly I've been waiting for it LOL

Dang, to write this thing with a torn tendon was hard...you have no idea.

But I hope you enjoy, I really hope you do :D & Happy Valentine's Day!

Every second felt like a minute.

Every heartbeat was a pulsing thud of pain in our chest.

Every breath felt like our lasts.

As we waiting.

Waited for a miracle.

Or Death.

Atlas stared at the clock, trembling and groaning to himself as the hand struck the 12th minute in an agonizing dong.

"We're sitting ducks!" Atlas growled, pacing back and forth, his Indosuchus tail swinging from side to side. His eyes narrowed and teeth curled inwards as he spoke outraged, "If that stupid Triceratops ditched us-"

"She would never lie to her word," Shadow hissed to the older carnivore, "She's going to get it open, I know it."

"When huh?" Atlas was growing impatient, slamming his foot into the earth to make it shudder, "At the last minute?- that's way to long, we'd be dead by then."

"We can't give up hope yet-"

"I'm not!" Atlas snarled, "I'm just worried that's all. Because if we came all this way for nothing....then..." He trailed off, staring at everyone. I glanced to my left, seeing the recently-arrived Pterodactyl family clutch onto their little ones, and some colorful others that weren't part of his kind.

Perhaps they were Quetzalcoatlus?

"Stella can get it open," Shadow stated determined shifting his feet on the ground as he laid, "I know she can..."

"Yeah," Atlas growled sarcastically, "Keep on believing Tyrannosaur, you're doing great."

"What's wrong with you?" He hissed back, "You don't even believe in things besides your own self interest, not even in anyone else! My dad told me you didn't believe in me coming back, and I know it." He narrowed his eyes towards the Indosuchus, while everybody shifted back, giving some space.

After a sense of some peace, Shadow looked down and grumbled, "You.....You don't how it feels, to lose everything. Because when you do, you're wish you'd believe more than you had before."

"I have enough faith," Atlas called back.

"In whom though?" Shadow snarled, "Yourself?"

Shadow and Atlas just mischievously shot annoyed looks at each other, before the sudden thuds of pounding feet vibrated the earth.

"Everyone," Thunder's voice called as he 'thundered' his way into the caverns, face covered in ash and eyes glowing with a dark look, "You better come outside and see this."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hot basking wind blew into our faces as we walked towards the edge of a cliffside, staring out at a burning world. My eyes watered the first time I walked back outside, while burning glowing specks of ash rained down, or flew nearby our dry scales. Trees stood like torches in the night, while the smoke controlled the skies, and everything glowed orange, lava mixed with its fiery cousin.

I frowned.

"I don't see anything Thunder," I clicked, licking my lips as I stared out again, seeing only disasters wrecking the life out of the world.