Shadow (10 minutes left)

I felt worried for the first time after I caught sight of the random bright light, a star to my eyes, bust through the skylight and into view, like a sparkling sun from a distant world. It felt so unnatural, that Thunder even looked down at me with worry. It wasn't normal at all. I asked dad before what it was, and he just replied with eyes filled with worry.

"I don't know son," He breathed, "I've never seen it before." He was laying on the ground on his belly, my body resting upon his large bony head. Though I was half his size, he still had a huge head.

"Didn't you tell me that new things are bad though," I asked. Dad rubbed my head with his own, then sighed.

"I did say that didn't I," He realized, seeing my own fear bubble up to the surface, "But I doubt that it'll pose any threat to me and you. I'm sure it's just those shooting stars, but in the morning."

"That sounds weird dad," I looked up to him, "But if it's so, then okay." We both looked up at the strange sight, and I could see some other animals and dinosaurs looking up too, confused and interested in the glowing light in the distant skyline. Dad shuffled his shoulders, then arose from the ground, a rumbling in his throat, which probably meant that he was preparing to get some food.

"Already?" I rolled my eyes. He chuckled, then placed his tiny claws on my head.

"We can't starve can we?" He smiled, "Just, keep me posted on what happens up there okay kiddo?"

"Yeah, sure," I swallowed, then felt the ground quake as he stormed into the forest, moving the trees out his way. His tail curled and swished, until it too was swallowed by the dark forest. The ground finally settled, and I knew that I was alone in the nest. Curling up into a ball, I grew comfortable as I stargazed into the ball of fire in the sky. If that red flame in the sky was what we predicted it would be, nothing bad would happen. But things change in life. Change is something we have to encounter. And 10 minutes later, that change will come in the worst way possible. And it will change me too.