Shadow (27 days after)(200 votes special)

I collided with the earth in a ground-shaking crash, trembling violently in pain. Amberclaw's screeches were muted in my ears, and the more I moved or jerked, the more the pain increased, and the more numb my muscles became. I couldn't inhale, which was worse than I've ever imagined, a burning hail inside my soul.

It was a trick, I thought angrily, I fell for a trick.

I strained to move my legs as less oxygen made its way to my lungs, and pushed harder and harder, dragging my body through the dirt.

Can't breathe-

I choked hard with a painful gurgle, and felt my own lungs begin to tear itself apart. The ticking grew louder and louder, and the more I breathed in the toxic fumes from the lake, the more fire raged into my soul. Eventually, my legs gave up, and I realized that I only got a few meters away from the lake.

Hydrogen Sulfide, A voice hissed silently, it can kill in minutes you know, Tyrannosaur.

You tricked ME! I cried out through my head, You tricked me!

I was in your head the entire time, The clock chuckled, Did you think I've forgotten about you? And now you fell for a stupid prank.

I inhaled slightly again, and for once, I thought that I was being ripped apart from the inside. Nothing came into my mouth. And newfound blood came out.

I tried to move my feet again, but they were locked on the earth quiet and still. Paralysis had gotten to me quick. And once it reached my lungs, or even my heart, I would certainly be dead. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw a terrified Deinonychus approach me, yanking at my flesh in panic. His voice was inaudible, and silent, but my heart was thumping wildly through my unmoving muscles and organs.

He shouldn't be here, he'll die!

His lungs were smaller than mine!

Amberclaw go! Save yourself! I wanted to scream. He yanked harder and harder at my scales, pulling me with all the strength he could manage. However, out of nowhere, he stopped fighting my weight.

Amberclaw stop!

Miraculously, he stopped pulling. But awkwardly, his legs went wobbly and brittle, along with his eyes wide and drowsy. He took another step backwards, before a terrifying trip later, he crashed into the ground just like me.

NO!!! NO! NO! NO!

Aww...how heroic...

NO! AMBERCLAW!! I wailed. The small Deinonychus trembled a few times during my viewing, but quicker than I expected, his twitching froze with a single breath. And his claws slumped to the side in a deathly pose.

No, no, no.... I was in tears now, feeling the poison rush through my veins, not him....not Amberclaw....

Don't worry Shadow, the ghostly voice hissed, It'll be quick for you too. Paralysis is painless....

Then he trailed off somehow, (which was really unexpected), and gasped, No!

I felt something pierce my back, but not in a painful manner, just poke it, then saw the ground vanished from my jaws and feet. A few minutes later as darkness clouded over me, my body dropped right into some white snow.

And I was still breathing.

I only saw footsteps based off of my sight, but I didn't have time to acquire who they belonged too.

Darkness began to shroud my vision though my closing eye-lids, and eventually faded to a deathly black. And all went quiet and still.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------