Atlas (15 days after)

I never knew who Alicea, the Tarbosaurus was until the day she died. I wasn't even given a chance to meet her either. According to Baja, she was a real hero and a true friend. But I just based it off of her assumptions. At the time nobody knew her, she camouflaged like a face in the crowd. But she died in a flash. And everything changed that moment. The T-Rex, Thunder was his name, was quiet and motionless when all of the carnivores made camp that night, 15 days after impact, and roughly a week after the Tarbosaurus died from her injuries. Queen, Alicea's friend, was also looking upset and saddened by her death. Matter of fact, everyone was sad. Nobody even said a word after we laid down for a quick rest in the darkness of the sky. I didn't know her however, but the fact that her friends lost something truly meaningful and important, shocked me especially hard. It changed the way they acted, the way they lived. Their thoughts too. I was still up when Queen, her youngling; Breeze, Thunder, and a few other carnivorous dinosaurs fell into a deep sleep, being soothed by the waves that crashed upon the sandy shoreline a few miles ahead of us. When they fell asleep, the ones who still stayed awake talked to one another, or were just restless after a long-day's walk through the regional area.

Baja, a Bahariasaurus, and one of my best friends, was sleeping near the stump of a dead tree, her breathing shallow but deep with each inhale and exhale. Me and her escaped the impact with actual pure luck, when we fell into a lake after running for painful minutes, which in turn avoided the firestorm that went over us. Since then we've been traveling together. And hopefully we'll find food out there. Some type of food.

"Indosuchus!" A voice caught my attention, and I spun around to face a small Sinraptor.

"Just call me Atlas," I spoke back, a little agitated by the fact that he regarded me for my species rather than my name.

"Can you keep watch?" He asked, "We need someone to be on the lookout while sleep. You seem energetic anyhow." I shrugged. I was a bit energetic.

"Yeah, I guess I could. But for how long?"

"About two hours should do. We'll switch thereafter." I looked around at the, now sleeping dinosaurs, laying in positions that made them more comfortable. It didn't look comfortable from my eyes however.

"Okay." I dipped my head. The Sinraptor smiled then walked slowly back to his sleeping area, tail drooping low as drowsiness overcame him. He eventually settled down a bit with a curled tail to comfort his sleep, and laid his large head down with his jaw hanging down with an overbite. And just like that, his eyes closed like shuttered, flicking once, twice in fact, before he passed out. That's when I finally was alone. I took in a deep breath watching his chest rise and fall from each breath in a deep sleep, and decided that perhaps it was time to do my job for once.

Whatever Lookout meant.

I've never done lookout before. It sounded dull and boring to me.

You just look?

And do what after?

My eyes flashed a bit as I glanced at the dinosaurs who slept soundly and peacefully next to each other. My eyes turned toward Baja, who slept in Grace and harmony comment as if whatever her mind was set to words in her sleep we just as joyful as the sounds of safety. I decided to lay down, nearby Baja, for lookout duty to rest my legs. They felt worn out and tired, muscles cramping constantly, and toe claws so weak, I can barely curve them into the deep soil. I stared out into the darkness of the night, or whatever time it was, breathing slow and steady, allowing my soul to flow freely around my body. I felt a warm comfortable breeze flow through my scales softly, then tickle the tip of my tail a bit. Despite of the destruction and lifeless land that we slept in, the world still looked and sounded just as beautiful as before everything fell. The waves, a few miles away, crashed onto the beach gracefully, pulling in sand and dropping off sediments of rocks, bones, and shells. Foam spluttered from each crash, bubbles popped, then disintegrated as it pull back and reset. The sky above was quiet, though smoke scented, and flowed like low clouds all over the world. Before the impact, I could recall, the trees were taller than my own body, flowing with the wind in a rain-like sound as the leaves fluttered against each other. But now they were lifeless stumps on the droughted earth, burnt and decapitated. I yawned suddenly, opening my mouth wide with all my pointy teeth, then closed slowly with a weak bite down. Perhaps being a lookout was a bit tiring, though it did keep my mind off of things and focus onto the real life world. And this redirection brought me to a higher revelation of my homelands, dragging my dead body into a Wonderland of different sounds, shapes and smells.