Blue (3 days after)

Silence.

All I heard was silence. Not even a ringing noise, just sudden silence. A dark deepening quite fulfilling peace, the one that leaves you dead inside. Or perhaps that is what I am.

Dead.

Or dying.

I didn't feel anything, not even pain. I couldn't even feel my own organs and cells breathe. And I know it should've hurt getting blown up. But it didn't. I felt the fire. I felt the pain. But it was quick. And it ended short. I couldn't see or feel, taste or smell. Maybe, just maybe I did die. And this is what death feels like. And endless floating world of darkness and quietness.

No currents, no air, no water, nothing.

I wondered to myself endlessly as minutes turned into hours and hours turned into half a day. How could I possibly be alive? I can't be existent like this, there's no way! But yet, life has its ways. And strangely enough, it found me.

I felt a tingle at first.

Then a wiggle.

A sudden jolt of electricity ran through my veins and up into my flippers with ease, awakening my senses. A flood of intense pain came next, which immediately flashed into my back flipper. I wanted to scream, feeling the heat drag the life back out of me, but somewhat, I pushed through, until I felt every bone and every muscle in me. And that's when my eyes flashed open.

I blinked twice in the 10 seconds of my returning body. One for adjusting my eye sight, and one for just plain confusion and surprise. I should be dead. But why was I not? After the feeling of my body came back to my soul, my surroundings started to arrive to my senses. I felt roughness. A strange roughness, not like soft or smooth pebbles, but large and spiked chunks of the earth piercing my hide. I stood still, trying to make the best out of my surroundings. I felt a dead plant. Then some more rocks. Then loosely built soil flutter in the water, waving around my flippers like the wind. But I still couldn't see, though I did notice that my eyelids weren't closed. So I was in the darkness. And based on the weight upon my shoulders, I was buried. Buried in a way, but I didn't know how deep. Or how bad. I struggled to move, and when I did, more weight seemed to pile upon the original, until I finally felt my chest begin to cripple up. I was really stuck, trapped in a darkness unable to be seen or heard of. But I knew instantly that it was an invisible killer in which did sought out for me to die.

"Help!" I cried out through the cracks, "Someone help! I'm down here! I'm down here..." I cried out a bit more into the deathly sea, seeing if there was a sign of life. But just like before, there wasn't. I felt a sort of aloneness that terrorized me from the inside out, and chilled my bones all the way to its whitish core. The loneliest sign that slid clear through me and tore me apart slowly in a decaying matter. In a few minutes I lost my voice. And minutes after that, I began to cry, realizing that nobody was coming to my aid, and no hero is coming to my rescue. As the darkness closed up around me when I stopped fighting nature, I thought of a deep griefing and regretting feeling of wishing to not be alive right now.

And that's when something strange began to happen in my mind.

I didn't know how to explain it at first but changed me.

Changed me entirely.

Some type of voice dripped into my ears out of the distant shadows, a cry to my mind, and as I struggled to hear it, it became louder and louder. Was it help? I was about to roar out to the heavens to that voice, but I already lost my own. A hoarse squeal only emitted from my jaws. And I couldn't show a sign of help either. I was buried deep. But the voice I heard was different. It sounded as though it didn't exist in this world, it thrived in my brain. The voice echoed louder and louder, until words fuzzed up to sentences. Full sentences that I could understand. And soon the voice became recognizable.