Blue (19 days after)

Nothing.

There was nothing at the equator.

Nothing but the darkness of the skies that crept through the ocean itself.

Nothing but the smoke that billowed from every mountain pass and the debris that followed in its wake.

Nothing but the hot air that burned my nostrils and seared my eyes like fire in a desert.

Nothing but the emptiness of the sea itself, flowing calm and swaying collectively, dragging the floatables around in its diverse currents, and the sink-ables to the bottom of the sea in a circle of flows.

Nothing but....me.

I was a lone Kronosaurus in an empty world. There was no light, no dinosaurs, no safety, no sanctuary, nothing. Just darkness.

It was all dead. As if what I saw instead of a sea was a skeleton already rotting away into the earth and soil beneath the ground. The sky itself was gone, but the sea was a hollow tree, too old to be given life, and too weak to sustain hope. I struggled to swim around with 3½ functionable flippers, and often times, I grew tired and floated still in the silent ocean. The equator was a mess of its own. Before though I believed that it was paradise. There was no fish compared to the northern part of the ocean I was previously in. Not even death itself was in these parts. But I could still feel his cold hand touch slip around my flesh and swerve through these waters.

Hunger gripped me the worst of all. My chest thundered within each passing day, and more stomach pains became constant while I swam. I began to lose energy, and began to lose my through the ocean currents that swept me away. Sometimes I wondered if I was still king of the ocean. Or perhaps not anymore. Since nothing left swam here. I looked around in the darkness, adjusting my eyes every so often, speaking to myself without noticing the words that dribbled out. There were no scents in the water. Nor there were any signs of life anywhere, besides the dying plants that flowed soundlessly in the splish and splash of the waves. The sky rumbled above me in a storm like me, forcing me to swim forwards. Life itself was fluttering away from my grasps before my eyes, and the more I swam, the less unique things I saw. Until the horizon just turned to rocks and mountains stripped of their heartbeat.

What do I do? I thought miserably, I'm going to die out here like this! Are there any other options? I looked around, feeling the current brush past me. It was heading southbound towards the colder areas. And then an idea hit me. A stupid one when I rethought it again.

"What if I go south?" I wondered to myself. Surely there was nothing north. And the equator was dead empty. I've never been to the southern areas before. Perhaps there a chance for me to survive there. With plundering hope in my heart, I thrusted my tail forwards, swimming through the ocean in desperation to find a new home for my own life. Whatever laid south was a mystery to me. But deep inside, I had a prick of worry, feeling as though death was wanting me to go south.

Wanting me to see my end.

Because he knew the future.

And I didn't.