Cal (26 days after)

Had to change the perspective of this final part for Lavender. Hope you like it! Sorry for the wait...again :D

"We need to go!" I croaked to Trixie, (after I landed), feeling my words spread like leaves in a ravaging storm, "We need to get out of here!"

"What's more to come..." She trembled dazed-like, still clutching Hope in her wings, "How much more pain do I have to embrace..."

"Trixie, we're going to die if we don't leave!" I snarled, grabbing my other two younglings to shove at her, "Grab the kids, I'll help Lavender!" I spun my head towards the horizon, hearing a powerful shockwave of the air make the waters on the island tremble themselves from the touch of the storm's wind. A frozen breath stung on my back as I rushed towards the bleeding Quetzalcoatlus in a frantic hurry, terrified beyond my wits.

A huge hurricane in the distance, or a snowstorm of some sort, was approaching our home, tearing at the ocean waters and clawing at the darkened clouds. The winds were growing worse, like a voice constantly hissing in my ears, or a mosquito you cannot exterminate.

I saw what it did to the other islands, the smaller ones in fact. I recalled flying over their ripped surfaces, drowned cliffsides and vanished trees, as if nothing ever lived upon them.

The same would happen to us if we didn't get out in time.

I pull Lavender towards me, then gasped at my immediately red-soaked wings, quivering, "Jeez..." Her whitish/violet chest was slit straight through perfectly, stained red with blood and black with death. Her face didn't even seem all that painful, rather dazed and sleepy than screams.

But despite the disgusting sight of her injury, I for one didn't know what to do.

I was no doctor.

Lavender's face blossomed softly when she caught a glance of me trying to secure the wound with a huge leaf, and I felt a slight irregular heartbeat in her soul, a proud and untamed heartbeat. It was auspicious to mine, and flowed ever stronger than my own panicked thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I whispered towards her slightly opened eye. She blinked, groaned, then nodded back.

"I-I'm-m o-okay-y...." She stammered, her beak quaking in every abbreviation of her words, "I-Is....it.....h-heal-ling-g?" I lifted up the leaf slowly, seeing more blood ooze out of her plump belly, then closed it shut.

"I'm afraid not."

I lifted my eyes towards Lavender, seeing her shiver and wince, and gulped suddenly with worry. If the storm was coming, and both Hope and Lavender were fatally injured, how could we even leave the island to get away?

A boom of thunder rippled through the ground, striking me out of a trance, as I stared at the approaching storm, wondering if me and my family were actually impotent to survive.

"My younglings..." Lavender whispered softly. I squeezed her limp claw tighter, and leaned closer to .

"What'd you say?"

"My.....younglings..." She choked. I turned my head 90 degrees, spotting her babies squeak and squawk in cries for her.

They knew what was coming.

They needed their mother.

"Lavender," I sighed, "You gotta get up-" Another flash of lightening lit the sky like a spark of fire, and the deadly clouds slowly dragged themselves over our island like death itself, an omen of his rage.

"It's already too late, we need to find shelter here!" My mate cried over the sudden uprising of the frosted wind. I flapped over to Lavender's hatchlings, then grabbed one by one in my beak to bring over to her. They all looked panicked, and between my beak I felt their heartbeats roar in a drumroll. Another thunderous roar made the trees sway violently, while their preceding cousins lost their forest-toned greens into the ocean, as if stripped of their powers.