Shadow (The Clock)

This is just a short little portion of the long chapter awaiting next. Sorry for the wait guys. I ran out of ideas mid-way through, and it was difficult to pick up afterwards. But the next chapter is actually going to be a huge moment for this story

Sort of like a Stranger Things moment for (characters with the first name 'B', if you know what I mean "wink, wink")

I must've been faking, I thought miserably, or unconscious at least.

Pain swarmed all around my body when the sense of touch returned to my scales, and then the return of all that agony. I almost shrieked when I woke up, but then again, what would screaming do?

I was still in trouble.

When my sight returned, part of one eye was in the shallow dark water, the other half in clear air, surrounded by darkness. I squinted at first, partially the fact that my vision was still a bit disoriented, but for the time being, I could at least see clearly. But as it cleared up to normal colors, I could catch the outline of a claw, or a three-toed foot, sharp and black-tipped, and wet from the ground.

"Shadow?" the voice muttered. And immediately I knew the belongings of that creature, the box of that voice.

"Whiteclaw!" I raised my head up from the side, wincing and groaning, until my neck was above the smooth ground.

And there stood the free-standing, not dead Deinonychus.

"How-" I froze, then continued, "How are you alive?" He looked at himself and frowned with joy.

"Don't know. My jaw is fixed," he moved them up and down, "And so are my injuries. And look! My eye is good too! But I saw you........die....... so I was about to ask the same thing." I looked down at my claws, and towards my hind where my pubis and tail curved and stood hanging at its edge.

I was spotless.

"This is creepy," I shuddered, "I'm really creeped out."

"Same," Whiteclaw sighed below me, then turned to me with a frown of confusion, "Wait, what do you mean how am I alive?" I opened my jaws once then sighed, knowing that these news could shake him.

"You....um.....how long have you been in here...from your perspective?"

"What do you mean? Why?" He cocked his head.

"Just.....just because." My eyes glowed as I saw him think.

"Sort of feels like about a day at least. Perhaps less. What about you-"

"You've been asleep back at this new cave for 8 days Whiteclaw," I clicked. Whiteclaw looked as if he got stabbed, and his face went into a new low, "What?"

"8 days Whiteclaw," I whispered, "I'm sorry..."

"8...." His mouth gaped a bit, along with his nostrils, "Then....how many days until-"

"Based on how long we're talking now....3 days at most." Whiteclaw's heart sank, and he bowed his head in fear and sorrow.

"Is......(sigh)....Amberclaw's dead isn't he?" he trembled.

I nodded.

He placed his claws on his head and dragged them down, and i could see the slight quake in their movements. He put one on the front of his snout and closed his eyes, bending his knees.