Shadow (20 days after) (600 reads special!)

HEY GUYS! I hope you're enjoying the book! ElijahCole11 here :D just to tell you that this chapter is FILLED with easter eggs on the outcome of this entire story! YAY EASTER EGGS! Not movie ones though, I'll get to that later on (wink*wink*) All the details are important! Most of the scenes are foretelling something, so in the comments below, take a WILD guess as too what it is, based on their *location*. I incorporated a little Lord of the Flies into the story to make it Mysterious and Scary! Just a clarification, the partway of the first portion is a dreaming scene in case your wondering. This is a long chapter due to all these hints, so I hope you enjoy! And thanks again for following me and this story! :D

The Triceratops skull grinned at me with a dark and evil twist of sheer evil in its eye sockets. For seconds, I thought it was smiling at me. For minutes though, I thought that it was torturing me from the inside out. Its darkened eyes were swollen with anger and threats, and its dark smile told me a truth of the matter; that death was among us. Everywhere I looked, it was there.

Hiding.

Waiting.

Listening.

I clenched my sharp teeth together as I watched it sit there, all eyes on me, knowing for some reason that my end was near. It could sense it. I know it could. For another few seconds, it imaginatively began to cackle at me, it's jaw opening wider and wider, and a strange buzzing noise shattered my ears as it grew louder and louder.

"You're a silly little youngling. Just a silly lost lonely little youngling..."

Just a skull.....skull a skull, I thought hard. But the voice still trembled in my head.

"I'm everywhere tyrannosaur...There's no escaping my wrath..." The skull laughed, "HA HA! You'll all die! You'll all die! You'll all-" He never finished. I stepped upon the Triceratops skull and transferring my weight to my right foot, which was locked in between the three horns, I pressed down hard, which in turn shattered the bone with a sickening crack. It demolished quickly, and the earth shuddered from my abrupt stomp through the material. I was breathing heavily for some reason, and the noises and everything settled back to normal.

I was hallucinating, I thought, I was just hallucinating.

And soon enough, it'll all go away!

Just like that, it will go away.

I just need to focus on something else.

Just focus...Just focus.

You're gonna survive Shadow, don't listen to...

I trailed off in my thoughts. The fear returned again, striking deep in my gut, and a painful pinch sank into my stomach. How could I fight this battle? I was alone, perhaps even the last T-Rex in the universe, and I was already starting to act as though I've seen a ghost. Well, not necessarily one, but close to it.

I turned away from the broken skull, marching away and back up towards Three-Toed Caverns. I was down in the bottom valley originally, where the burnt trees sat still, birdless and leafless on their lifeless limbs that hung from above. Whiteclaw and Drexel were struggling to hunt elsewhere at the moment, I wasn't sure where, but I knew it was more of a chance to be unsuccessful than an accomplishment. Herbivores were coming in less and less, and eventually, everything will cease to be. Stella and her clan themselves were starving. Almost all the plants were dead and gone. And we'll be like that too.

I brushed past a few trees, rubbing my scales on their rough sides until eventually, they began to stain and bruise, and I had to breath hard to disintegrate the aches. The sky still remained its constant shape, a shadow of death hanging low and steady. I stared outwards as I walked, watching the aged steam rise from the earth into the open air, then disappear like magic. A nearby lake bubbled oddly nearby, grey and hot. I moved near it for a second, basking in its heat while I walked around its rim, then continued onwards. A northern breeze was flowing nearby, making the dead bushes vibrate themselves, then fall off their own limbs, dead and useless. I stomped along hence from the depressing sight into a small clearing, a little area that I passed earlier before coming here. So the pathway back up to the top would be certainly there.