Blue (14 days after)

The sea was outraged and corrupt in a fiery and toxic outburst in every direction. Ash fell from the sky and dissolved once it touched the surface of the saltwater from above, changing the bright blue world grey and dark. The volcano, tons of miles away, was still erupting from underwater, billowing smoke, glass, and rocks into the atmosphere. The water itself, where I swam darkened coldly, turning from hot and boiling, into a freezing inferno. I couldn't recall how many miles I swam to get close to the equator. And how many close-calls I've encountered. My lost flipper healed a bit into a curving scarred stump, so I was using 3 ½ flippers to get to the equator. My original mission was to find something remarkable and possibly 'live-saving' beyond the waters that I've swam in before impact. On average, Kronosaurs usually migrate (not often) millions of miles from one part of land to the other. This was probably billions now.

The smoke from the volcano that took my flipper from my own body was still trailing behind me, following my every move, a shadow is what I called it; a shadow of death. It moved with sharp claws, stretching out its hand to darken the world and send more acidic rain and burning hails down from the sky. As if a snowstorm was in play, ash flew down with the wind, poisoning the surface area. That's why I was currently swimming deep underwater, near the sandy bottom floor. Every two or three days, I eat something. It's a miraculous or accidental find, sometimes even giving me the opposite of what expected of. I ate a small group of fish one day. The next day I ate a prehistoric crab, sinking my jaws into its white tasty meat through its tough shell-like exterior. I've been struggling to find that whale I saw before I 'almost died', and since then, have been tracking its smell with deep conviction, even when the scent died away, I kept going. I knew that going to the equator would make a difference. There's deeper waters, I've heard, more fish, huge coral reefs; a lost world from the land dwellers. I had some faith that these facts were somewhat true, and if remained untouched, perhaps I'd be safe for good. But safe for who knows how long.

I kept swimming hard, now with the thought of being safe and pulled ahead of the ash storm, and though it didn't make a difference that I got out of there into (still) current darkness, I felt a little bit relieved and thankful. But who should I thank?

Life?

For giving me a second chance?

I couldn't really say 'Life gave a second chance to most,' because life never sent an asteroid to destroy us all. Life was just as impacted as us. Life doesn't really give second chances, it's pretty much luck, skill, and intelligence that makes the strong survive. I knew life had to be terminated after that terrifying explosion off the coast of the western lands, and I remember when I first saw the other side of the world from the Pacific. Like someone lit a bonfire on an entire forest, a huge wall of smoke went up straight up above the atmosphere itself into the unknown. And a light lit the below area of it. Whatever actually hit Earth had to be enormously huge. Because I've never seen this much destruction in all my life. And though those outbreaks of pain and death and destruction, I swam on, focusing my own survival on getting to safety at the equator.

I already knew that the land-world was changing, especially from the emergences of many earthquakes, volcanos, storms, droughts and strange blizzards.

But the ocean world was also changing too.

A few hours passed as I trudged forwards, tired, weak, starving....there's many adjectives to describe how I felt. That's when something strange happened.

Right in front of me.

I felt a tugging at my body at first, and thought that I got trapped in some strange current that was still active, even after the impact. But then, a earth-tearing sound ripped through the ground beneath the tons of sand, shaking it. Then the side I was on jolted forwards with a rippling thunderous wave, throwing some sand forwards. And then when things couldn't get worse, the ocean plunged.

Literally.

It plunged with a hard downfall, dragging me down like a vacuum! I cried out, opening up my flippers to slow my drag, before my body suddenly came crashing down, right onto the sand. A huge gaping trench opened up right in front of me, pulling the ocean water downwards into its lava-like bottom, with me being next! I was getting dragged despite of my tries to stop, since my flippers uselessly slipped through the soft sand weakly. Minutes later, I was right on the edge of the trench, gripping the earth as best as I could. My eyes widened when my body spun sideways. And my right rib, along with part of my tail went over the edge. But that's when the water stopped flowing. A huge explosion of ash and fire sprung up from the trench, and the strange dragging suddenly died, releasing me. I found myself skidding in the sand when the huge explosion hit the crust and uplifted to the surface like underwater smoke. I laid there horrified for a few minutes, staring upwards at what could've killed me.

"What was that?" I panted, staring up at the rippling water. The ocean felt lower and lighter than ever now, like a blanket on my back. I slowly swam to the surface aside the smoke billowing from below and bursted my head out from the waters below. And looked forwards to an awful sight. A humongous wave, like a giant hill the size of a mountain, sped away, lifting the smaller waves up high, then back low. I turned the other direction, seeing the same thing float eastbound, large and long in length.

Two tsunamis.

Two disasters.

I felt sick for the land dinosaurs who didn't know what was coming. What was about to come. They, like me, were struggling to survive, and a monster from the ocean just awakened to end their battling lives. Nature really had turned against us.

"Oh gosh," I whispered to myself, floating there in between the two waves, before they finally vanished from my view.

They were heading on inland.

And those dinosaurs who lived there will soon meet their fate, and enter a subtle watery grave.