Welcome to the Team

Jonathan

Before we kick off the 2011-2012 hockey season there was a media day in the UC for the staff and players. The home opener was a week way and so was the start of the new season, so there wasn't a lot of time left before we had to crack down. We got knocked out of the playoffs in the first round after winning in 2010 and we wanted to win another cup. We wanted a dynasty.

I sit down and wait to get some pictures done for the tickets and posters and other fun things. Nothing like trying to fit in a chair in full pads and uniform. I talk to the guys around me about closing out the preseason and wait for my turn so I can get out of these pads. It doesn't feel the same when you're not on ice.

I end up talking with Kaner, Hammer and Seabs for a little while people come in and out of the photography room. Patrick goes in to get his picture taken leaving me with the veterans.

"So Cappy, you ready for this" Hammer asks and I scoff.

"I was born ready" I smile.

"Looks like we have Captain Confident on our hands" Seab's claims and I let out a groan.

"Can we not with the captain jokes today" I mumble. He was the one who started it all anyway.

"There he is. There's Captain Serious" he teases and Hammer starts to snicker.

"This is going to be a looong year" I sigh and they both fall into a fit of laughter.

About ten minutes later Patrick comes back and he had the biggest shit eating grin on his face. I mean he was practically glowing.

"You'll never guess what just happened" he says like a teenager who just lost his virginity. Hammer gets up and goes to get his pictures taken and Patrick takes his seat.

"What is it buddy" Seabs says like he's talking to a little kid and that one got a smile out of me.

"The new photographer... hot as hell" he announces and I raise a eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure every girl is hot as hell in your mind" I laugh.

"Yes, but nothing like this one. I'm just happy I had hockey pants on because I'm pretty sure I popped a boner. She's probably most stunning girl in the whole city. I mean she's got this crazy sexy blonde hair and bright green eyes. Her legs a mile long and she's got the ass to go with it. And her smile... man that smile" he shakes his head.

"Looks like Kaner's got a crush" Seab's teases.

"Hardly, she shot me down every time I tried to hit on her" he claims.

"I like her already" I say.

"She'll fall for me, they always do" he claims.

"Maybe she's a decent respectable lady who knows she doesn't have to hang all over you" I claim and he scoffs.

"I'm irresistible" he defends.

"You're a moron" I smile and he hits me in the back of the head. It was so worth it.

I was the last one to get my pictures done and I set my things inside the room. I walk over and stand on the x like I've done a million times before. A woman appears and honestly I was shocked. When Patrick described her I thought he was being over dramatic, but no, he was dead on. She's wasn't over sexual in her looks, but man she was a sight to see. She sets up her camera and does all her little things and I watch her closely. She really was stunning and I was kind of in love.

"Alright, remove you clothes" she says and my eyes go big.

"Excuse me" I ask.

"You're here for the Blackhawks photo shoot, right" she asks.