Thank You

Payton

Today was the day. After almost three years I was going to marry my best friend. It was early September and hockey season was right around the corner. But just for today that was in the back of everyones mind. Today we are celebrating something stronger than hockey or sports or championships, we were celebrating love. We were celebrating the one thing that outlasts every other thing we can experience on this earth and beyond it.

My parents were a little upset we weren't getting married in a church, but as soon as I said we were going to Hawaii they shut right up.

I wake up the morning of the wedding by myself and a little upset. That was the first time since Jon moved in that we slept apart and I kind of hated it. But I made it though the night none the less and spent the morning getting ready.

Since it was kind of a nature themed Jonathan insisted on all of us not wearing any shoes. I, Of course, agreed because I hate wearing shoes. But I've been calling Jon Nature Boy for a good month now and he hates it, but he secretly loves it.

I slip into my wedding dress and just put on mascara and a lip balm

I slip into my wedding dress and just put on mascara and a lip balm. If the wedding was natural I wanted to be natural too. My sister curls my hair and puts some flowers in it. Not any flowers from here because we promised not to mess with the nature, but it still looked good with the dress. After all that was done I was ready to get married.

"You look so beautiful" my sister claims.

"Thanks... I can't believe I'm in Hawaii getting married" I admit.

"This does look like a fairy tale" she admits.

We wait for it to start and I take a bunch of pictures much to everyone's despise. Jacob and Caroline come over to where I was and they looked adorable.

Caroline had flowers in her hair too and had on a little white dress. She spins around a hundred times and watches it flow around her. She was such a ray of sunshine and was practically glowing right now.