Sending Messages

Jonathan

"Please."

"No."

"Pleaaaase."

"Nope."

"Pretty pleaaase..."

"FINE! Fine" I sigh picking myself off the couch. I go and put a new movie in after we finished our third straight one tonight. I put in Brave and grab my red headed princess and pulled her into my lap. Payton wraps her fingers in mine and rests her head on my shoulder.

It's 2014 now and the summer just started up. After winning in 2013 we came close again this year but lost in game seven to the eventual Stanley cup champions, the Kings. I'm not gonna lie, it stung, to come so close to repeating and building a dynasty and fall short, but that just means next year we will be that much hungrier.

Plus I don't have much time to be upset, I get married next week and I couldn't be more excited. We were going to this place in Hawaii called Kauai, of the garden isle. It was all natural and no one is allowed to pick the flowers or mess with the nature. We picked that place because it was small so we couldn't invite a bunch of people and the wedding wouldn't overtake the true beauty of the island. We always talked about traveling and seeing the beautiful sights nature has for us and this event is no exception. In fact it was just the start of our traveling of the world. It was incredibly beautiful and I couldn't wait to get there. The colors of the wedding were a coral/orange and baby blue and looked so good with the scenery. The green really set it off and I was pretty happy about it. There wasn't going to be a lot of people there, just close friends and family. Privacy was hard to come around here but we found a way to keep this all on the down low.

Until then I was enjoying the shortened summer with my beautiful family. Caroline was five now and Jacob was seven and they were growing so much. Every day my little boy becomes more of a little man and my little girl is the most beautiful Disney princess. Caroline isn't as clingy as she used to be but she still loved when I held her and I always loved doing it. She's quite the actress and has a pretty good voice on her too. Jacob plays hockey for a organization in town and he loves it, he's pretty good too. He's a right wing and a crafty little thing. Patrick loves training with him since Nadine can't skate yet and Jacob loves it too. William and his wife moved closer to us so it's easier for us to take care of the kids together. They come over for dinner whenever we're both free and are always there when we need them. I can't believe how lucky we are to have them helping us out.

I look down and see Caroline had fallen asleep in my arms, it was about one in the morning after all. I turn to Payton who was still watching Brave even though we have seen it a million times before. I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer. She schooches in and looks up to me with a smile. Her eyes sparkle when they meet mine causing my heart to race.

"Are you about ready for bed" she asks.

"Yeah, I can put the kiddos to bed" I say softly.

"I don't want to go to bed yet" Jacob pouts.

"It's way past your bed time mister and you have practice in the morning" Payton reminds him.

"Oh yeah" he nods.

We get the kids up to bed and tuck them in before closing the door behind us. We pick up the pillow and blankets and stray food left over from our movie marathon before finally making it to bed at about 2 am. I crawl into bed and Payton soon joins me, but she doesn't lay down next to me. She sits next to me and looks down at me. She grabs my hands and places it on her stomach. I start to move it down but apparently she wasn't hinting at that. She moves it back up and places her hand in top of it.

"Wait..." I trail off and that smile shines in the dark room glows. "Are you pregnant" I ask and she slowly nods. I promptly sit up in bed and look at her. Like actually look at her.

"I just took some tests, three of them to be exact. And they all say that I'm pregnant" she explains.

"Oh my god... this is amazing. We're going to have a kid. Holy shit... we're going to have a kid" I whisper.

"Yeah, so you better find all the parenting books and start reading" she warns.

"It can't be that hard... Patrick did it" I remind her and she giggles.

"You have a point" she nods.

"You're seriously pregnant" I ask.

"Yeah. I missed my period so I thought I should check. I picked up a few tests and took them and now we're here" she explains.

"That's so incredible... I don't know what to say" I admit.

"I'm thankful we're getting married next week because if I had to get a new dress I would be pissed" she laughs.

"You would look amazing regardless" I assure her.

I pull her into bed with me and she wraps her arms around my torso. I warps a arm around her as she rests her head on my chest. I kiss her forehead and feel her smile.

"Can we fit another person here" I ask.

"Probably not" she admits.

"We should probably move into a house then huh" I ask.

"Probably" she laughs. "There's one in the neighborhood my brother just moved into. A nice size and by the school. Caroline goes into kindergarten this year you know" she reminds me.

"No she doesn't. She isn't allowed to grow up" I claim and she laughs

"She's growing up Jon."

"Nope, I won't allow it."

"You can't stop her from aging."

"She will always and forever be my little girl."

"God... what are you going to do if this baby is a girl?"

"I watched Patrick cry when his little girl called him dada for the first time so I can only imagine."

"I hope you cry, that's going to be a great photo album."

"Oh I'm gonna cry. When we get married I'll be crying. When that baby is born I'll be crying. Hell, I cry when I'm away from you for over a day" I insist.

"I love you too" she laughs.

Eventually it gets real late and we need to sleep so we can get ready for tomorrow. We leave for Hawaii in five days and get married in six.