Drunken Thoughts

Jonathan

At the end of November the Blackhawks have a two week period where we play nothing but away games while the circus was at the United Center. We go up to Canada then out to the west coast before coming back home. It sucked that it went through thanksgiving but most of us didn't celebrate it anyway. We usually just but a already cooked turkey and watch games all day in each other's hotel rooms.

But after going 3-3 on the trip we had a extra night in LA to waste and the guys wanted to go to a bar. Usually I'm against it but they talked Payton into coming and my only other plans were to hang out with her so I got pulled into coming too.

I pull on my jeans and a light grey v-neck before spraying on some cologne and calling it a day. I grab my wallet and phone before meeting Payton downstairs. I go through my phone in the lobby checking stats and other things before there's a tap on my shoulder.

"You ready" a small voice asks as I stand up. I'm nearly send back down when my eyes meet the one thing that leaves me breathless every time. And that was my girlfriend. 

She stood there in a black two piece set that was so incredibly sexy. Her long blonde hair curled and it looked so great resting on the black material. Her white nails really showing up as it clutched to her black hand bag. Her legs looking a mile long in those black heels. She looked so fucking amazing and I felt like I was dreaming.

"Is this too much? My sister gave me this for my birthday and I swore I would never wear it

"Is this too much? My sister gave me this for my birthday and I swore I would never wear it. I'm not even sure why I packed it but it did and now it's on and I sound like a idiot... don't I" she sighs.

"What? No. Not at all. And you look... you look breathtaking. I don't even know what... do you have a six pack" I ask and she laughs causing her stomach muscles to tense again.

"Uh Yeah" she admits.

"All the more impressive" I admit.

"So you're sure this is okay" she asks.

"Since when do you care what other people think of you" I ask.

"I don't. I just wanted to look good... for you" she says slowly and I smile.

"You always look good to me" I admit and she looks down. I pull her chin up and finally those beautiful green eyes look up at me.

"Thank you" she replies softly. It's going to be a loooong night.

We get to the bar and find the guys in the back. We slip in the table where there was ten shots line up.

"Oh great, you guys got my drinks all ready for me" she teases.

"You think you can drink all of these" Patrick asks.

"I know I can" she scoffs.

"Alright then, prove it" he challenges and my eyes go wide.

"You don't have to" I assure her.

"Don't worry, I can handle this easily" she claims and I raise a eyebrow. She sends me a wink and I'm not sure what is going to happen next.

All the guys stand up by the side of the table as she downs the drinks. Shot by shot she clears them out not leaving a drop behind. She gets to the last one before slamming it down and all the guys cheer.

"Holy shit" I smirk as she sits back like that was water.

"Man... that's going to suck in a few hours" she admits.

"How" I ask.

"The college I went to was famous for drinking. And there I was famous for drinking. I found a way to be on the deans list and be a cheerleader and basketball player and work a full time job and have some fun along the way. I just never went to bed" she shrugs.

"You are so magnificent" I admit and she smiles big. Damn.

About a hour later she had three beers on top of the shots and was feeling it. She wasn't sloppy drunk but she was very giggly.

"Come on, lets dance" she insists.

"I'm not drinking that much" I laugh.

"Please" she asks sticking out her bottom lip. What the fuck... that's not even fair.

"Ugh, fine" I mumble and she perks up. She grabs my hand pulling me to the dance floor and we stop in the middle. She takes my hands and rests them low on her waist as she wraps her arms around my neck pulling me close. Her eyes lock on mine as she starts to grind her body against mine. I feel her fingers plant themselves in my hair as the music gets quieter and the people around us fade out.

Soon enough it felt like it was just her and I moving as one out there. I don't know if it was the alcohol or the fact that she makes me feel like I'm losing my mind, but I felt so free. I felt so comfortable in her arms even though I've never danced like this before. This was new to me but this feeling I had become accustomed to. The feeling like I can do anything as long as she's with me.

As we get closer our body's begin to rub against one another. She quickly turns around and backs into me. My hands grip her waist trying to steady my recently weakened legs. She grabs one of my hands raises it above her head pulling me forward and I question if coming out here was such a good idea. I wasn't sure how much longer I could control myself. As her body matches perfectly with mine I couldn't help but feel so right. For a little I forget that I'm a figure in sports, that I have the best record in international competition and am the captain of one of the best nhl teams year in and year out. I was just Jonathan, a guy who wanted to feel good for a little. And I felt great out there with her. I didn't care who was watching, all I cared about was her body against mine.

After a while it was time to call it quits. Payton was getting wobbly and our plane left early in the morning.

We get back up to the hotel and up to her room. I turn to her as she stood there half asleep.

"Baby, where is your room key" I ask and she looks at me.

"I don't know" she admits.

"Well do you remember the room number, we can call down and get you a key" I suggest and she shakes her head. Well this is a problem. "Well I guess your crashing at my place" I announce and her eyes go wide. She doesn't say anything and I was too tired to figure it out. So I grab her hand and pull her to my room.

We get in and I set my things on the counter by the door. I turn to talk to her but she was already laying on the couch.

"I was going to give you the bed" I assure her.

"I'm okay" she sniffles and I become confused. Why was she crying?

"Baby what's wrong" I ask siting next to her and brushing her hair out of her face.

"I'm okay" she says again and I sigh.

"Why are you crying" I question.

"I always cry myself to sleep, that's why I never have you stay over" she claims.

"Why" I ask.

"For reasons I do not yet understand" she says. Even intoxicated she's insightful.

"I hate seeing you like this, how do I fix it" I ask.

"Can you... can you hold me" she asks. I pull her face to mine and her eyes eventually focus in on me. She had sobered up some and I can tell this was really her asking.

Without a word I crawl on the couch and pull her on top of me. She wraps her arms around me and I run my fingers through her hair as her head rests on my chest.

"Are you feeling better" I ask.

"Yeah" she mumbles.

"Goodnight Peyton" I say softly.

"Goodnight Jon."