I Want You

Payton

The beginning of April was busy for a few reasons. The Hawks were ending the regular season and getting ready for the post season, but it was also my birthday. There wasn't anything that cool about being 23, but I'll find any excuse to party.

For my birthday a bunch of my friends were all going to go out to a restaurant and we are gonna have a nice dinner. Well as nice of a dinner that we can have.

I roll over in bed and reach for my boyfriend but he isn't there. I open my eyes and see his side of the bed was made and pout, there goes my cuddling plans. I get up and throw on my fuzzy slippers before heading out of the bedroom.

"Jonathan" I call out trying find him. "Jon" I repeat but stop when I get to the railing.

Down stairs was Jon wearing a full suit holding a bunch of flowers. I let out a little gasp when he starts playing some music and smiles up at me.

"What is this" I ask.

"It's your birthday present. Well that is" he says pointing to the wall.

"What is it" I ask.

"Why don't you bring your pretty little self down here and find out" he smirks.

"Should I change" I ask.

"Payton... you look gorgeous" he whispers and I feel my face flush.

I run down the stairs and stop right in front of him. He hands me the flowers and I take a big wiff. Shortly after that he takes them back and puts them in a vase by the table. He comes back and changes the song. He wraps his arms around me and I wrap mine around his waist. We sway back and fourth as we stare at one another just embracing each other.

"If I ain't got nothing, I got you
If I got something I don't give a damn, cause I got it with you
I don't know much about algebra but I know one plus one equals two
And it's me and you
That's all we'll have when the world is through

'Cause baby we ain't got nothing without love
Darling you've got enough for the both of us
So come on baby, make love to me

When my days look low, pull me in close and don't let me go.
Make love to me, so when the worlds at war
Let out love heal us all
Right now baby make love to me, me, me, me , me
Oh make love to me"

"What's under the blanket" I ask and he laughs.

"Apparently I should have gotten you patience for your birthday" he teases.

"Good things come to those who wait. Great things come to those who go out and get it" I insist.

"What does that mean" he asks.

"I can wait and have a super beautiful moment or just rip the thing off and find out for myself" I explain.

"I would be very upset" he claims.

"Are you sure" I smirk.

"Yeah. But as soon as you smile up to me I'll forgive you" he claims. I fake like I'm going to go do it and he pulls me close. I secretly did that just so he would hold me tighter. A giggle escapes from my lips as his grip on me gets harder so I couldn't go anywhere.

"I don't know much about guns but I, I've been shot by you
And I don't know when I'm gonna die, but I hope that I'm gonna die by you
And I don't know much about fighting but I, I know, I will fight for you
Just when I ball up my fist I realize that I'm laying right next to you.

Baby we ain't got nothing but love
Darling you got enough for the both of us."

"So, do you feel old" he asks.

"You're not even a month younger than me" I argue.

"Should I buy you some dentures" he teases.

"Your birthday is literally in two weeks" I laugh.

"I know. I just wanted to hear you laugh" he claims.

"You... I love you" I smile.

"You were about to tell me that I suck weren't you" he asks.

"Maybe" I smirk. He presses his lips to mine and my fingers get tangled in his suit as he dips me backwards.

"Make love to me, so when the worlds at war
Let out love heal us all
Help me let down my guard
Make love to me, me, me, me
Oh make love to me."

"You want to see your present now" he asks and I raise my eyebrows.

"Seriously" I ask and he laughs.

"It wasn't actually a question. Just a segway to get to it. You're a smart girl, you know that" he says grabbing my head with one of his large hands and I push him away.

"Now I'm gonna say it. You suck" I grunt and he smiles pretty proud of himself.

He pulls me to the giant white sheet and I stand in awe. I wonder what it could possibly be?

He pulls the sheet down revealing a beautiful blown up picture of us from the night he gave me my promise ring. I gasp as the painting was so big and I'm not even sure how he got this in here.

"How" I ask.

"I had your sister take a picture of us and send it to me. Then I had the design person with the Hawks blow it up and get it on a large canvas. And it took some maneuvering to get in the elevator and in the door but it's here and it's up" he says.

"Is that your handwriting" I ask pointing at the script on the ice.

"Oh yeah, I wrote that out and they transferred it on there" he explains.

I walk over so I could read it and I tried so hard not to cry. In his hand writing it said,
"I want you in the worst ways. I want your lips, your touch, your curves, your eyes on me every minute of every day. I want you the way the ocean wants the shore. I want you as bad as the sun wants to shine. I want you the way the stars wants the dark to glow. I want you more than humans can perceive and God can understand. And I'm so glad I found you."

"Jonathan" I whisper. I turn to him as he hovers over me. I jump into his arms and put my lips on his. He holds me steady as I start to kiss his neck.

"Do you like it" he asks. I stop kissing him and hold his face so he had to look at me.

"That is better than anything I could ever ask for. That is exactly what I didn't know I needed. But this house, it's a home now. Thank you" I say softly.

"Please don't cry" he begs.

"I'm trying" I defend.

"Come here" her insists setting me down. He pulls me into his chest and I let out a long breath.

"Happy birthday baby, I love you so much" he mumbles.