Seeing Red

Jonathan

Since my family didn't celebrate the American thanksgiving, Payton and I decided to hold a celebration down here with her family then we would go up to Canada for Christmas. My parents were upset because they really wanted to meet Caroline and Jacob but they will have to wait. They couldn't make it down because the rink back home needed tended to so they won't see them until we go up there.

As for thanksgiving day, it was kind of hectic. I have learned Payton's family is a lot like Patrick's. Big and loud.

The first person to arrive was her sister. Bailey was about six months along now and showing pretty well. She was struggling going through it by herself, she wasn't afraid to admit it. She was alone and scared and doing this all for the first time. She's only 25 and was still working at the school Jacob and Caroline go to. But Payton had been checking up on her and helping her out. She's been learning about what to do and being her support system. Her parents weren't happy that she broke up with her boyfriend then got pregnant before her new boyfriend went over seas. It didn't match the perfect Christian child ideal, but they accepted it because in the end that is their daughter. All I know is I'm not going to be the one to tell them Payton and I have premarital sex, it's okay of Patrick is on the fringe but they already like me, I don't want that to change.

She helps Payton cook and I help the kids around the house decorate. I hold Jacob on my shoulders as he hung up the hand turkeys we all made last night, I thought they were pretty great.

Next William and his wife Amanda come and help set up the table. They then go in the living room and play with the kids, they love them just as much as Payton and I did. Those kids went from no parents to two sets that love them so much and will do anything to see them do good.

The last kid to show up was David with some random girl. Payton was pissed because he, and I quote, "brought another bimbo in my house!" I thought it was funny until she punched him in the arm and it left a nice bruise. Part of me was really proud of that.

Finally her parents arrive and they immediately look for the kids.

"Where are they" her mom asks and I laugh.

"I'll get them" I say going into the living room. I pick the kids up and place each one on a hip. I carry them back and Payton's parents nearly explode.

"Okay kiddos. This is Grandpa Elijah and Grandma Ruth. Guys, this little red headed cutie is Caroline and the handsome one is Jacob" I introduce.

"Ohh you guys are the cutest" Ruth coos. I let them get aquatinted and find Payton in the kitchen. I wrap my arms around her waist as she stirred something on the stove. I take a deep breath in and my eyes roll into the back of my head.

"That smells... amazing" I sigh.

"It's basically dead turkey juices and flour" she giggles and I gag a little.

"Why on earth are you making that" I ask appalled.

"It's gravy Jon" she explain and my eyes go big.

"I eat that shit" I ask.

"Often" she claims.

"Well my life is over" I sigh dramatically.

"Come on, you have a body of a god. You can more than afford the calories" she claims.

"You checking me out" I tease and she smacks my arm that rested on her waist. "I'm kidding" I assure her.

"Is everyone here" she asks.

"Do you hear how loud it is" I ask.

"Yeah, but this is nothing. You should hear them when we get together to watch Bears games" she smirks.