I Love You

Jonathan

"Why is it so hot" I groan.

"Jonathan... we're in Florida" Payton giggles.

"Right" I nod.

We walk up to her parents house and set our things down. We were only here for one night because we had to get back to Chicago quickly but we also had gifts and stuff for Christmas tomorrow.

I raise my arm to knock but the door flies open before I make contact. William shows up in the doorway and smiles big when he sees us.

"Hell yeah, it's my favorite sister and her boyfriend" he claims. 

"HEY" Bailey yells from inside the house and I shake my head.

"Come on in. I can take those" he claims taking the gifts.

"Thanks" I nod as we walk in. We kick off our shoes and coats and walk over to the kitchen. There a lady that looked a lot like Bailey and Payton standing in there. This was some type of trippy stuff. I know they're related, but damn.

"Hi momma" Payton says and the woman turns around.

"Baby girl, my God you have grown" she says rushing from behind the kitchen to hug her.

"I missed you too" Payton squeaks trying to breathe.

"And you must be Jonathan" she smiles turning to me. She pulls me into a hug and I couldn't help but smile.

"Please don't break my boyfriend" Payton begs. Her mom let's go and all the air enters my lungs once again. "I'm sorry, we're huggers" Payton claims.

I look down as her mom beams up at me.

"Oh I'm so excited to meet you. My little girl only says the sweetest things about you and she hardly did you justice" she claims. 

"Moooom" Payton whines making me smile.

"She said you were cute, not handsome" her mom continues.

"Alright so that's my mom" Payton says grabbing me and pulling me away.

"You think I'm cute" I ask.

"Shut up" she blushes and I laugh.

She takes me out back and I see the boys out there with a guy I haven't seen before and the guy I am pressuming is her dad.

"Who's that" I ask pointing to the guy who looked closer to our age than anything.

"That's Bailey's boyfriend. His name is Fred and he is kinda quite. He's lasted a lot longer around us than I thought he would. I don't know if you've noticed, but we're kinda crazy" she giggles.

"Just a little" I joke.

I go out back and meet the rest of the guys. We all sit down in the back in some lawn chairs and we kick our feet up. We all grab a beer and chill out while the girls cook in the kitchen.

"Have you ever been outside at Christmas time" Payton's Dad, Michael, asks me.

"I'm from Canada sir, I barley went outside when it was summer" I claim and he laughs.

"I have to admit I do miss Chicago... but this is nice" he sighs. "So how are the boys doing this year" he asks me.

"We're doing good. We're hungry to get back to the playoffs and show what we have" I admit.

"That's good to hear. And how's my little girl" he asks.

"She's doing great. She has all the guys on her team wrapped around her finger, they love her. They treat her as a part of the family and she fits right in. Plus her place is nicer than all of ours and they guys find any excuse to play basketball" I admit.