Tell Him

Payton

We get back to Chicago within the last few days of November giving me time to get ready of the upcoming holidays.

As soon as the plane lands I head to Target to get ready for Christmas. Even if we weren't going to be here for it, I wanted to do something.

I pick up a fake tree because the apartment building doesn't accept real ones respectfully. It was pre lit because I was lazy but I did by some black and silver ornaments to go on there. I walk around and pick up other little things to put up around the place and ingredients to make Christmas cookies and other treats.

After that I decide to look around for presents. I find my dad some Blackhawks and Cubs stuff. He moved to Florida but he couldn't let go of his sports teams. I got my mom a new pair of heels because she's probably going to wear heels to her grave.

And as for Jonathan, I was going to start on his scrap book. I was going to get him something else too, but the scrapbook was what was going to take time. So I get all the pictures I wanted printed out and pick up some filler paper and stickers and stuff before finally heading home.

I take the elevator up to my apartment and walk to the door. I stop when I see a bouquet of flowers and smile. I pick up the card and read it.

"Dearest Payton,
I saw these flowers and thought of you. They were beautiful and unique and real and smelled good and I knew I had to get them for you. Thanks for making the last month and some so memorable.
Yours truly, Jonathan."

My smile grows as I realize that he really was a gentleman. So sweet yet so sexy, how lucky am I?

I go inside and decide to turn some Christmas music and get to work. I put the six foot tree by the basketball hoop and pray to god that wasn't a bad idea. Next I hook it up and start to add some ornaments and add my angel at the top. I smile big as the thing really comes together. I wrap the presents and I had gotten for my parents and siblings and put them under the tree. I snap a picture and edit it before putting with the others in my calendar.

After that I make some cookies and snow balls among other thing and store them in the fridge.

At about six I was all done and not even hungry so I decide to chill out on the couch. Half way through the Christmas movie I was enjoying my phone starts to ring and I see it was my sister.

"What's up" I answer.

"Is there a reason mom is trying to get me to come down for Christmas" she asks.

"Jonathan and I are going so she's probably trying to get everyone to come down" I guess.

"Is she paying, because lord knows you're the only one of us that can afford that" she insists.

"You're asking the wrong person. She wanted to meet Jon and I wanted to go to Florida, that was the extent of my motives" I explain.

"Do you think they're going to like him" she asks.

"Of course, he's a angel. He's not super religious but most people aren't, they can't be mad about that" I defend.

"I know. But this is the first boy you've been with since-" she starts.

"Don't. Please don't say his name" I beg.

"I'm sorry... but this is big for you. And I know you're trying not to think about it, but it is. You don't have to be so strong all the time, it's okay to hurt and to feel sorry for yourself. No one will judge you" she insists.

"I know that. But I've been trying so hard to live my life and move on and I'm scared" I admit.

"I know Pay, I know you are. You have every right to be. But Jon needs to know what happened if you really care about him and plan on keeping him around. You and I both know mom and Dad are going to find some way to bring it up at Christmas" she reminds me

"Ugh I didn't even think about that" I groan.

"You have to tell him" she insists.

"How... how do I tell him" I wonder.

"I don't know because I'm not you. I'm not him. I'm your sister and I care so much about you. You have been my best friend from day one and I want nothing but the best for you. And I know you've saved up enough money that you could retire right now and you don't need anyone. You've never needed me, I know that's for sure. But you're going on two months with this guy and I see it in your eyes that you've found someone again. Someone who makes you happy, that you feel free with and someone who cares about you more than anything. You have to let him in" she explains.

"I don't want him to think of me any differently" I defend.

"You're still the same person. You're more real than anyone I have ever met. You let people know who you are from the very start, there's just more to who you are and he needs to know" she insists.

"You're right" I sigh.

"Alrighty kid, I'll let you go. I guess I'll tell mom I'm coming down for christmas" she claims.

"Thanks so much. I love you Bails" I smile.

"Love you too Pay" she responds. We hang up and I sigh hard.

How am I supposed to tell Jonathan?

As soon as I set my phone down it goes off again and I let out a loud groan. What now?

I see it was Jonny and my mood quickly changed.

"Hi baby" he starts and that smile comes on my face.

"Hey, how are you" I ask.

"Pretty bored actually. Did you get my flowers" he asks.

"Yeah, they're amazing" I admit.

"You are" he replies and I'm happy he wasn't here to see my blush. 

"Thanks. So what did you do today" I ask.

"Did some Christmas shopping. I got some things to take to Florida because almost all of my things are winter only and it's like 70 degrees in Florida" he chuckles.

"Wow, you're really excited" I guess.

"I am, you brothers said you guys have a boat and they'll take me out" he claims.

"Dear god... are they bothering you again" I ask.

"Yeah, but I don't mind it. My brother doesn't even talk to me this much. Plus they're like big gross versions of you" he insists.

"I'm slightly offended" I joke.

"Oh come on you know I l..." he starts but he stops.

"You what" I ask.

"I really like you" he replies and I droop my shoulders. I was kinda hoping he was going to say that he loves me. "I uh... I have to go. I just wanted to make sure you got the flowers" he claims.

"I got them" I assure him.

"I'll see you tomorrow" he asks.

"Yeah, see you then."