A Day in the Sun

Jonathan

The season ends and it looks like we are going against Arizona in the first round. We could finally work on getting our title back and I was so determined to get it done.

We had five days between games to relax and get prepared mentally to play for the cup.

And since I can't make time go faster I was going to slow it down with my girl.

"Are you ready" she yells from downstairs.

"Since when did you get ready quicker than me" I yell back.

"This swim suit is like two small pieces of strings put together. Doesn't take much" she yells back. I slip on a Cubs hat and pack up before heading downstairs.

I grab her hand and pull her out the door.

"Someone's excited" she giggles.

"I get to spend all day grilling and in the pool with my favorite people, how could I not be excited" I ask.

"I don't know, you're kinda intense when it comes to hockey and it's finally the postseason" she shrugs.

"And when there's no more hockey who's still going to be there for me" I ask.

"Me" she smiles.

"Damn right" I nod.

We head over to Sharpys house and head to the back. We let ourselves in and before I could even kiss her goodbye she goes to where Abby and their little baby was chilling out. I shrug and head to the grill where Sharpy and Patrick and Brent was sitting around talking.

"Hey Jonny, nice of you to join us" Sharpy chirps.

"I'm ten minutes early" I defend.

"Yeah, we figured you guys were just screwing before you came over" Brent jokes and I roll my eyes.

"We did that way before we came here" I say and they all groan.

"Gross" Sharpy gags.

"You guys started it" I laugh.

We talk for a while about hockey and non-hockey stuff before we hear the doorbell go off. We kind of look around but no one immediately says anything.

"Who the hell rang the doorbell? Are we about to get murdered" Sharpy asks.

"No, that's probably Bailey" Patrick says going into the house.

"Bailey" I gasp.

"Who's Bailey" Brent wonders.

"That's Payton's sister. The one who got in that huge fight with her boyfriend here on New Years" I explain.

"Oh shit, why is she here" he asks.

"I'm guessing because of Patrick" I shrug.

The two walk in and I just pray this isn't really awkward. She comes over to us and I can tell she was uncomfortable. She wasn't anything like her sister. Payton was the wild child, larger than life personality and was read like a open book. Bailey was more of a sheltered cryptic message no one could comprehend. Her and her sister worked well together but I don't know about her and Patrick. That I didn't get.

"Alright guys, this is my girlfriend Bailey" he announces and I nearly spit out my drink. "Bailey this is Sharp and Brent and of course you know Jonathan" he continues.

"Excuse me, Payton wants me to go take some pictures for her" I say excusing myself from the group. I walk over to Payton who was sitting in the grass with Sharps kid while Abbey and Brent's wife Dayna.

I sit down with her as she plays with the baby and she looks at me. She sets the baby in her lap and grabs her hands.

"Hello Jonathan. I've missed you" she says in her baby voice moving the babies arms around.

"Aww you guys are so cute" I smile. "Wait... not the point" I say shaking my head. She messed with my head so hard and she wasn't even trying.

"There's a point" she asks.

"A big ass point" I admit.

"What's happening" she asks in her baby voice.

"Your sister is here" I say and she squints at me.

"Why? I didn't do anything wrong" she insists.

"What" I ask.

"What" she repeats.

"She's not here for you. She's here with Patrick. He introduced her as his girlfriend" I tell him.

"Oh" she says.

"Oh" I ask.

"I'm not quite sure how to react. Just oh" she claims.

"How did we miss this" I ask.

"I don't know. I guess we get pretty caught up in each other" she claims.

"Yeah we do" I smile. "Stop doing that to me" I pout and she smiles.

"Doing what" she smirks.

"Mind controlling me like that. It's freaky" I admit.

"Listen, don't worry about them. They're adults and they are capable of making their own decisions. I never thought Fred would last with her but never ever would I had thought she would end up with Patrick either. But we are not going to meddle in their relationship just as they never had in ours. Just know that if Patrick hurts her I'll break more than his ankles on a basketball court" she threatens.

"You're so hot when you're defensive" I comment.

"Thanks" she giggles.

"You wanna swim" I ask.

"Let me say hi to my sister then I'll get in" she insists.

"Okay, I'll be waiting" I claim.

She hands the baby back to her mom and gives her sister a hug. They exchange a few words before she comes back to me.

She slowly takes off her shirt and I stand frozen in my spot. I don't care how many times I see her she is so incredible. It can be in her favorite sweats or in nothing at all, I'm always infatuated.

"Are you going to keep staring or get in with me" she asks and I shake my head. I remove my shirt and cap and get in with her.

"Shit it's cold" I mumble.

"Whimp" she teases.

"Not everyone is tough as nails like you" I remind her.

"Jonathan... you play hockey... on ice" she giggles.

"Well no one likes a smart ass" I smirk.

"You do" she claims.

"I don't. I love a smart ass" I insist.

She goes under the water and swims to the other end of the pool. She resurfaces and moves the hair out of her face. She gives me that "come here" gesture egging me over with her pointer finger and I smile big. I swim under the water and grab her legs. I stand up holding her close to me. She rests her hands on my shoulder and looks down at me. She moves my hair out of my face before patting my head.

"Are you going to put me down anytime soon" she smiles.

"No" I tease.

"I think you just want to touch my butt" she claims.

"I don't need a excuse to do that" I say squeezing her butt and her eyes grow big. Her grip on my shoulders tighten and I know I'm getting to her. I set her down but keep her in my arms.

"You wanna get your hand off my ass now" she asks.

"Hell no" I scoff and she rolls her eyes.

"Good" she smirks.