Promise Ring

Jonathan

We slowly move my things into Payton's place and by Valentine's Day we had everything in there. I shared a room with Payton and most of my other stuff I had and I don't know why was in one of the spare rooms.

I wake up from my pregame nap feeling pretty good. I go downstairs and find Payton dancing around the kitchen making dinner. I stand at the top of the stairs and watch for a little. Just admire how happy she is literally all of the time. How her hair bounces around as she skips around to whatever was playing on the radio.

"You're a really good dancer" I yell and she flips me off. I run downstairs and wrap my arms around her. I needed to be in her embrace again.

"I missed you" I admit.

"What, you weren't dreaming of me" she jokes.

"Always" I assure her. "What are you cooking? It smells amazing" I admit.

"Since your game is a bit earlier today I made something heavier so you'll last longer out there. We have chicken Alfredo with a twice baked potato and your favorite, red Gatorade" she smiles handing me a bottle.

"That sounds delicious. But I think you're tastier" I smirk before pulling her to a kiss.

"You're so cute" she giggles.

I sit down and she places a plate in front of me. I take no time devouring it and she starts laughing.

"What" I ask.

"You got something on your face" she smiles.

"Shit, where" I ask.

"On your lip" she claims. I wipe at it and nothing comes off. She leans over the counter and wipes it off. She slowly sucks the sauce off her finger and smirks after that.

"Don't do that" I warn.

"Do what" she challenges.

"I know it's Valentine's Day but that's just not fair" I claim and she winks.

We drive over to the game and I reluctantly say goodbye to her. I head to the locker room to change and get ready for the game.

"Hey Jonny, are you all moved in yet" Patrick chirps sitting next to me.

"Yeah, something's are still in boxes but it'll probably stay that way. I don't need that stuff but I want to keep it so I'll probably send it up to Winnipeg whenever my parents come down next" I explain.

"That's cool. How is your Valentine's Day going" he asks.

"Good, I have my surprise for after the game so there's not much to report" I shrug.

"Are you going to ask me how mine was" he wonders.

"Is it some gross story about how you banged a girl" I ask.

"Kind of" he admits.

"Hence why I didn't ask" I sigh.

"I think you'll be interested, it might make us family one day" he claims.

"Are you fucking my brother" I ask.

"What? No. Though I would screw him way before you" he explains.

"You better get to the point before I throw up" I warn.

"It was Payton's sister Bailey. We've been talking since New Years and she broke up with her boyfriend. At first we were just fucking around but she's actually really cool" he admits.

"I'm glad your grinch heart is growing but you still broke up a couple because the girl looks like my girlfriend, that's pretty low" I admit.

"I'm working on the whole "being a gentlemen" thing. But I really do like her and not just because she looks like Payton" he defends.