Putt Putt

Payton

The boys only get 42 games to prove themselves. A little over half the number of games they usually have before they endure the long road to the Stanley cup.

And the Hawks were headed in the right direction. They won the first six games before losing in over time but they still have a point streak going. It's been 14 games and they have yet to put anything besides a goose egg in the loss column.

This also means I'm getting back to work too. As much as it sucks that I can't just spend all my time with the kids and Jon, I do enjoy being back at work. My picture a day was becoming quite consistent with home cooked food and us just laying around the apartment.

Sadly we sent the kids back with my brother for a little and we get back into being on the road and at the United Center. But they come to all the home games and we always have sleepovers when we can.

After a morning skate in LA we get back to the hotel and I upload the pictures from practice to my laptop. I edit a few and send them where they are needed. I close my laptop and see Jon siting across from me with the biggest smile.

"Are you done now" he complains.

"Geez, so sorry for doing my work" I joke.

"You're forgiven" he replies and I roll my eyes.

"What do you have planned for us today" I ask.

"We should go play some put put" he says.

"We're out in LA and you want to play put put" I ask.

"Yeah" he shrugs.

"Cool because that actually sounds like a lot of fun" I laugh.

I change into some leggings and a light sweater, it might be February but it was Cali after all. Jon grabs my hand and drags me to the course before handing me a purple ball and putter. We hit the links and things went from calm to competitive in the matter of seconds.

"Okay. I'm going off the windmill, past the hole, then into it" I claim.

"You can't do that" he huffs.

"Are you doubting my put put skills" I gasp.

"I'm doubting your science" he claims.

"I'm going to make you eat your words" I insist.

I stand behind my ball and wiggle my hips to settle my feet. I lightly tap the ball and it's sent flying. It bounces off the windmill and over the hole bouncing off the back and into the hole.

"In your FACE" I scream and Jon stands there with his mouth wide open.

"How the fuck..." he trails off.

"That's what you get when you call into question my awesomeness" I smirk.

"I want to be mad at you but it's incredibly sexy when you get all competitive" he claims.

"Good... get used to it" I say brushing pass him to get my ball.

This continues for seven more holes until we get to the last hole. Jon puts his red ball down eye balling me the whole time. He stands back up still staring me down and I couldn't help but smile. I know we're trying to play tough right now but I can't help it. He's got this whole persona on ice where he's a enforcer and tough and I just don't buy it. He's actually the kindest soul ever and it makes him mad when I don't take him serious when we mess around like this. But it's extra cute when he's upset and he kisses me so I shut up.

He takes the shot and barley misses letting out a loud groan. I let out a giggle then cover my mouth before he notices. Apparently I wasn't quick enough and he heard me laugh at him.

"You think that's funny" he asks and I nod my head. "I would like to see you do better" he scoffs.

"Watch and learn" I whisper and he smirks at me. I drop my ball and kick it to the spot I wanted it in. I wiggle a little to get my feet set again.

"If you're trying to distract me it's working" he calls and I shake my head. I shoot the ball and it heads down the link. It goes around the loop and around all the random obstacles. Finally it goes down the drop and right into the hole.

"YES" I jump up and Jon sits there shaking his head.

"You know you win a stuffed animal for that" a worker mentions as they walk by.

"Really" I laugh.

"Yeah, last link hole in one gets you a toy" she claims and I smile.

"Yay! That means I can get my baby something nice" I say walking over to Jon.

"Oh god" he groans. I grab his hand and pull him to the place where I can get a toy. I let him pick out the one he wants and he stops pouting that I beat him.

"Are you happy now" I tease pinching his cheek.

"You're lucky this lion is soft" he frowns hugging the large stuffed animal.

"Watch it or you're sleeping with the lion" I threaten.

"Isn't it supposed to be sleeping with the fish" he asks.

"I'm not going to kill you" I laugh.

"Why would you kill me" he asks.

"Jonathan... sleeping with the fish is a saying from the mafia that means they would kill someone and dump them in the ocean so they could sleep with the fish" I explain.

"Woah.... I have been using that wrong this whole time? No wonder people always look at me weird when I said that" he gasps.

"Have you been walking around for the past twenty some years telling people you're going to kill them" I giggle.

"Apparently" he shrugs.

"Great, I'm in love with and idiot" I tease.

We get back to the hotel again and find a bunch of guys at the bar. There was a game in a few hours and they were all loading up on carbs and fluids.

"Awww! Jon did you win a stuffed animal for Payton? That's cute" Brent admits.

"I won it for him" I reiterate much to Jonathan's dismay.

"No way" Patrick laughs.

"Hell yeah I did. At least when I beat him he gets something out of it" I tease Patrick.

"Sex" he asks.

"Well that, but this time he got a lion" I shrug.

"Bailey never gives me stuff" Patrick whines.

"She's giving you a child" I argue.

"True enough" he shrugs.

After the guys give Jon a hard time we get back to the hotel room and change into work clothes. He comes out in a nice suit while I button up my polo shirt.

"Damn... you even make khakis look good" Jon claims wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Awww that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me" I tease. He kisses my neck and I smile to myself. Today has been a pretty great day.