New Years Drama

Jonathan

After getting back from Florida we return to Chicago for the new year. There was a party at Sharpy's house and naturally everyone from the team and their significant others were invited. Payton even convinced her sister and her boyfriend to come out with us.

I go over to her place to get ready because honestly her place makes mine look like a cardboard box. I put on some dark wash jeans and a black v neck shirt. I style my growing hair so a few pieces sit on my forehead and the rest is pushed back. After putting on my favorite cologne I pick up a ball and shoot some hoops.

At about eight I clock I hear heels coming down the stairs and I know that's my cue. I put the ball up and go wait for her at the bottom of the stairs.

Like Prince Charming waiting for Cinderella it feels like she descends the stairs in slow motion. Her long legs switching with each step she takes. The gold skirt she was wearing sits high on her waist making it stop right below her butt. Her sheer black top loose and showing the back crop top under it. Her long blonde hair curled and resting on her strong shoulders. She wore a little gold make up and red lips and I was sure I wasn't sure what I was going to do. 

"You look

"You look... breath taking" I whisper as she reaches out to me. I grab her hand and spin her around making her giggle as I pull her into my chest.

"Thank you, you're looking mighty fine yourself" she admits as I pull her close.

"I'm not even sure I want to leave anymore" I mumble into her neck.

"I would totally agree with you if my sister wasn't going" she reminds me and I moan.

"Shit. I forgot" I admit.

"Come on, we're gonna have fun" she insists grabbing my hand.

"I always do with you" I admit.

We drive over and get there about 8:30. The party was well under way with the music loud and people everywhere. I keep her by my side as we find some beer and a nice place to chill out. I talk with her until her sister and her boyfriend find us. We introduce them to some of the guys and finally they get comfortable. It's weird to see us all out of uniform and looking like a normal people, but these guys are just as cool to be around off the ice as we are on it.

It inches closer to the midnight and I can't help but be excited to start a new year. Have a chance to win the cup again and have a clean sheet. And I was looking forward to starting it with my favorite girl.

"Where my sister" Payton asks and I look around.

"I'm not sure... why" I ask.

"Because I don't see her... or Patrick" she pieces together.

"Oh shit" I mumble. Here we go.

Her and I separate and go in search for them. I find Patrick in the bathroom on the floor and let out a sigh of relief that he wasn't ruining my life. Just his own.