All These Memories

I don't want to have these...

These me...memories...

Of those people that I have killed!

The people that I mercilessly slained among my purple blades...

Oh no..

It is coming again...

Please... help...

The memories of war keep making me...

Anxious...

Paranoid...

All the times... all their memories...

All their suffering..

Ingrained into my mind...

To KiLl AlL aT oNcE?!!!

No!

I don't want to snap anymore!

All these sad stories of the men that keeps replaying...

All the agony of the people they have slain... the people that they keep on killing...

Why...

Why give me these memories?!

KiLl...

No, I do not want to kill!

KiLl...AlL...

No....

KILL ALL...

NOOOOO!!!

(Space)

"Saber! Saber!" I blinked as my breathing went full throtle. My systems kept giving me error messages from my visor. I gasped as I saw that my hand was holding one of my purple blades as I saw Alpha looking at me with concern on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, concern filled his voice modulator. I shakingly lowered my blade and placed it back on his sheath. I sighed deeply as I felt my core pulse intensely.

"Nothing...just a....memory failure." I replied. I saw Alpha slowly nodded.

"I see, we better let Professor Rooney check that in the morning." He remarked. I slowly nodded as I looked around the room. It was a bunker of some kind as it had green metal platings on the walls with two double decker beds. A bright blue light illuminate the room as I sat on the top bunk of the bed while my friend was on the other.

I looked at my visor to check the time, it was around midnight. All the memories from the playback had...startled me to say the least.

Being made from other swordsmen's DNA and having their memories on your mind gives a lot of...unpleasant memories from their times of war. I was constantly being pelted by these memories after me and Alpha escaped.

"What was the memory playback all about?" I heard Alpha suddenly ask out of the blue. I closed my eyes as I recall the bloodshed of one...the bloodshed of many..

"...the sins that I carry.." I answered vaguely, making him tilt his head into confusion. I sighed as I unsheathed my purple blade.

"To be a master...on must sacrifice thy blood of others to attain the skill to be perfect." I said. "I am a man with sad stories...stories that have countless sins that I committed."

Alpha remained silent. I looked at my purple blades that sheen throughout the room. The blood of innocence that spilled due to them controlling me...

I shall not be influence no longer.

"YoU cAnNoT sToP tHe BlOoDlUsT..." A voice echoed through my head. I shook my head rapidly to get it to stop talking.

"ThE mOrE yOu DoN't KiLl, tHe MoRe It GrOwS..."

"SHUT UP!" I exclaimed as my blade shone brighter. I saw Alpha blinked in surprise, which made me sigh deeply as I powered down my sword.

"My apologies for snapping like that..." I said to my long haired friend. He gave me a nod.

"It is fine." He claimed. "It just..worries me a bit about you though."

I sighed. "I know, I know.." I laid down on the bed despite not needing sleep. I still have some sense of humanity within me so I just felt like lying on the bed.

"It worries me that you keep having these memories ever since we left our dimension." Alpha exclaimed as Beta did some loops in front of him. "It was probably the fail safe of our creators...a fail safe to keep your..'systems' up."

I slowly nodded. The 'systems' that Alpha was mentioning was my "Kill Drive". It was the reason why I used to crave killing life forms and it kept motivating me to kill. It also kept the memories of the swordsmen that I had 'inherited' skills from. Having these memories had me adapt faster than any swordsman in the world.

Yet it came with a price...

The "Kill Drive" makes me lose empathy link onto my human brain. Emotions drained and only known command is to:

KiLl AlL aT oNcE...

The screams...the blood on my sword...

I can remember it.

And I can't help to feel nothing about it.

I am just a specimen made to kill and only to kill.

"Although..." I heard Alpha perk up. "You are not responsible for your actions."

"....what do you mean?" I asked, full focus on the long haired cyborg. He gave me a small smile.

"I know you aren't gonna mindlessly kill people without orders." He explained. "You were being controlled by the 'systems'."

I slowly nodded but it wasn't helping with the guilt. "I know that yet I still feel accounted for all the deaths that were made by my own two blades."

Alpha shrugged. "Well, I can't really help you. It is just you yourself can. You need to find a way to accept redemption on to yourself." He proclaimed as Beta beeped, as if agreeing with Alpha's comment.

"...I see..." I muttered. Redemption huh?

How can I redeem myself for the thousands I had slained?

"Well, we better sleep though." I heard him say. "We need to investigate The Dark Wizard Guilds that Dr. Rooney told me about."

I nodded but I was relucant that I might snap again. "Go ahead. I'll just stay awake."

Alpha nodded as he laid down on the bed. "See you in the morning then, Saber." I heard him said. Beta flew down next to him, probably gonna shut down and rest.

I just stared at the wall as I had continue to think. I sighed as I kept mulling the same thoughts over and over.

"I..hate having PTSD.." I muttered lowly as I just laid on my bed, trying to atleast rest.

(Space)

A weird topic to say the least. But in my head, I can say that Saber is suffering from PTSD due to the combined DNA of the best swordsmen in the dimensions.

Anyways, review, vote and share! It helps me out greatly as I managed to dish out chaps even on an exam week! :)

Thanks for reading. ;)