Unexpected

At the living room of Ruby's home, the red riding hood sighed as she was sitting on the couch with a remote on her hands, lazily switching the channels on the television. It was a slow day for her as she didn't have any hunts to partake to at the moment and she was finished doing her daily chores that she needed to do everyday.

In short, she was bored out of her mind. Her constant shifting on the couch with her annoyed groans as she kept switching channels on the television. She wasn't a type of person that can wait for something interesting to happen.

No, she needed something to happen.

She sighed as she turned off the television, fed up with nothing interesting on the device. "Jeez, now I wish I had joined Alucard on that hunt he is doing," she muttered. "This is so boring..."

Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door, making her eyes blink. "Huh? Who would be knocking on the door?" She exclaimed in a suprised manner as she started walking to the entrance of her apartment.

"The package I ordered isn't till next week..." She muttered in a thoughtful manner as she grabbed the door knob and twisted it open as she pulled it, revealing the cat elf, Nana, smiling at her with some flowers on her hands.

"Hello Ruby!" The cat elf exclaimed gleefully as she extended her paw to give the flowers. "I have some flowers for you as I stopped by the flowerfield this morning. I think these are primrose and yellow tulips?"

Ruby blinked as she grabbed the flowers off Nana's hands and inspected it. "Yes. They are." She confirmed as she looked back at Nana. "Who gave it to you?"

The cat elf blushed as she averted her eyes from the red riding hood. "Well...those are from me." She said in a small, barely audible voice. Ruby heard it and smiled at the embarrassed elf as she hugged her.

"Thanks for these." Ruby said happily as she hugged Nana tight, making the cat elf smile slightly as her blush went even redder. The red riding hood released the cat elf from the hug as she quickly placed the flowers in a vase that was on her dining table.

"Looks good, neh?" Ruby asked the cat elf, who nodded in confirmation.

"Yep! It looks great there." She replied cheerfully as she went closer to the red riding hood. "So, what were you doing Ruby?"

Ruby sighed. "I was bored to death, Nana." She replied before smiling at the cat elf. "Glad you came in at this time since I had nothing to do."

Nana blushed as she chuckled nervously while scratching the back of her head. "Well, I had nothing to do too... Miss Miya told me that I needed to take a break from all the training I did."

The red riding hood nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I had seen you in training." She said as she grabbed two glass cups from the cupboard. "You seemed really enjoying it and you were doing your best."

Nana's eyes widened. "Eh?! You were watching?!" She replied as she had another huge blush on her face. "You probably saw me trip a lot then..."

Ruby chuckled, much to the cat elf's dismay, as she placed the two glass cups in the dining table. "I'll admit it was funny but I know you were having a hard time trying to balance since you keep throwing that huge boomerang while moving fast." The red riding hood said as she grabbed a pitcher of water inside the refrigerator she had.

"That doesn't mean it isn't embarrassing  for me to get watched by you though.." Nana replied in an embarrassed matter as she sat on one of the chairs. "I don't want to see you as I fail on trying to catch my boomerang."

Ruby smiled at her at a gentle manner as she filled both glasses with water from the pitcher. "Look, it isn't embarrassing as we think. Many hunters like me had to fail a lot before we manage to be good on our skillsets." The red riding hood explained as placed the pitcher on the table. "We have our own ways on training up and sharpening our skills."

Nana nodded. "I guess if you put it that way.. failing isn't bad right?" The cat elf asked in a curious manner as she grabbed the glass cup. The red riding hood nodded.

"As one of my trainers had told me... 'Empty the cup, in order to fill it up again." Ruby quoted as she gestured on the cup. "It means that in order to truly be skillful at something, sometimes you must start from the beginning so you can fully master it."

"I see..." The cat elf said, amazed from the explanation as Ruby took a sip of water fom the cup. "That's why you a really awesome Ruby. You are talented in many ways that I haven't seen yet."

Ruby blushed slightly from the praise as she place the cup down from the drink. "Well.. I ain't that amazing to be honest.."

Nana smiled as she stood up from her chair. "But I think you are. You aren't as strict as Miss Miya and yet you are one of the land's renowed hunters." She replied as she went closer to Ruby, who had eyes on her. "I admire quite a lot about you if I were to be honest to myself."

The red riding hood said nothing as she looked at the flowers in the vase as if she suddenly remembered something, the cat elf continued. "I just... greatly admire the ways that you do it Ruby...but I...I..."

Nana hid her face with her paws. "I...can't bear to say what I truly feel about you... I feel like I don't deserve you at all for everything you have done." She exclaimed, making Ruby's eyes tear away from the flowers to see tears falling from the cat elf's eyes.

"Nana..." Her name left her mouth as she couldn't say anything as Nana hid her face from her view as she cried.

"I...I...just feel like I am invalid to even...try..." the cat elf said as her voice became hoarse. "I...I..."

Nana felt arms wrapped around her tiny frame, making her eyes widened as she removed her hands from face to see Ruby hugging her tightly, her eyes closed. The cat elf smiled slightly from the gesture as she let the tears fall.

"...I am just being overdramatic now..." Nana admitted as she wrapped her arms around the red riding hood. "And...I am just so quick to be overwhelmed with emotions..."

"It's okay to feel that way Nana." Ruby replied as she brung the cat elf closer to her. "I just..don't know what to say about it."

"It's okay if you can't answer right now... I wasn't expecting it." The cat elf replied. "Just... hold me close for now... it is fine."

Ruby smiled slightly as she complied with the request. "As you wish Nana." She replied in a gentle tone as she kept up the tight hug to comfort the cat elf, who was clutching on her arms.

(Space)

Phew! This entire one shot was actually inspired from a conversation that I and SilvieXing had before about Ruby and Nana being a pairing. And seeing that there isn't any Yuri ships around even though there had been two Yaoi ships here in this collection, I thought bringing this up would help balance it.

Needless to say, this was a cute pairing to say the least. On top of that, it has been a long time since I made some sort of fluffy oneshot... or a dramtic one to say the least.

Next on the chopping block will be a Harlita one shot after such a long time with the lack of such pairing! I say that I had missed making those in a while so better be prepared for that.

Comment down below on what you want to see next and leave vote if you liked this chapter! We had reach 33k views in such a small time, which I am very grateful for. Thanks for your support!

Stay tuned as we rockin' the world all day! :D