The Love That Never Mattered

Oneshot done in Thirty Minutes Challenge: Started at 7:15 PM

"You always been too arrogant." She said as she gave Gusion a stern look as she had her scythe in her hands, facing the dagger assassin. "You never gave her a chance.. so why would I give you a chance?"

Gusion returned her look with his own. "I told you, she doesn't matter to me anymore!" He retorted. "She was clearly in love with someone else! I am just in the same boat as you in that regard."

Ruby gritted her teeth. "Now, you are mentioning stuff that you shouldn't mention Gusion." She remarked bitterly. "It isn't a smart move to say that in front of me you know?"

Gusion rolled his eyes as he simply walked outside the door. "You always had been that cranky you know? You always seem to be on your damn period."

Ruby's eyes flared up as she growled. "Care to say that again?" She responded as she grabbed her scythe yet again. "You are letting your ego get the best of you once more. which I'll gladly show you why you should lessen that big head of yours."

Gusion merely smirked at her remark. "Really now? You never had beaten him in battle if I recall correctly. What makes you think that you can beat me?"

The wolf huntress  merely snorted as she unpacked her scythe. "I was in love okay? Being a love struck person makes you stupid as hell." She replied as she did a test swing. "Now, are you still being  all talk or will you actually fight me?"

The dagger assassin tossed a dagger from his pocket, catching it on the handle. "Well, I say that this will be a quick match."

Ruby sighed as she placed herself in a fighting stance. "You better not waste my time."

~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~

Gusion panted as he was kneeling from exhaustion and pain surges his entire body. "D-damn... you are actually strong." He remarked in between pants.

Ruby smirked as she simply packed her scythe back. "Like I said, you are just simply too arrogant for your own good. Maybe that's the reason why she left you.. you just couldn't realize yourself what is wrong with you."

Gusion rolled his eyes. "Tell me something that I don't know." He replied sarcastically as he grabbed a vial from his pocket and drank it, feeling rejuvenated as he drank the liquid within it. Capping the vial after he finished drinking, he simply placed it back from his pocket and stood up.

"You are just simply too stubborn to change, Gusion." The wolf huntress remarked as  she saw the dagger assassin simply looking away from her. "You need to remove the Paxley out of you or else you'll end up like them."

"Speak about change when you can't even change yourself." He replied as he sensed Ruby huffed her chest out, feeling rather offended from that comment. "You said that I need to change myself yet I never see you change after you broke up with him."

Ruby's emerald eyes simply closed as she sat down on a large rock nearby where she was. "Maybe I was being a hypocrite about talking the change thing about you but I am fine with what I am now if I were to be honest." She said, her voice losing the fiery spark that she always had. "If he can't accept that about me.. well.. I just couldn't be another person for him you know?"

He merely glanced at her before looking up once more, seeing the blue sky above as he simply just stared at the sky, thoughts running through his mind about what she had said. "I see..."

Ruby let another sigh out as she opened her eyes, standing up from the rock that she was sitting from and simply turned her back from the dagger assassin. "Look, if you can't change, no one will like you for it. But if you are okay with being yourself and don't mind people actually hating your ego... then just be yourself and don't act two face to other people."

With that remark, the wolf huntress left the area that they fought in as she jumped through the trees. Gusion was left by himself, in thought of everything that she had said to him so far. 

"Maybe I should have... not jumped to conclusions with her.." He muttered to himself before sighing. "Well... it's too late now."

Gusion simply walked out of the area, leaving the area in peace as he felt himself rather open and in thought of what had just taken place. He would really evaluate himself more than he thought of himself... what he can actually be better at as a person. 

"Maybe someday... Ruby would accept me whenever I had changed....if I ever change.." Gusion said in a sad tone before dashing out in a flash of light.

~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~O~o~

Note:  I just did this for fun honestly and went with the flow on what I was writing. As I stated, this was done in thirty minutes (actually, thirty two minutes with more details added except this note.) just to try and see if I can make a rather interesting story without making much changes to it! It looks good to me... but probably lacks a lot of detail to become a true oneshot that I usually do. Ah well, hope you enjoyed it nonetheless!

Do you want me to make more of these types of oneshots? Leave a comment down below and tell me what you guys wanna see! Thank you for reading and hope you have a good week! 

-nite