Yet Another Reality

"Oh, for the love of..."

Ruby snickered as she placed her controller down after she had beaten me once again on a fighting game that we were playing.

"That is why you should not understimate my skills, mortal." She mocked with a huge grin on her face as she pointed at me. "You don't have the witt to beat the wolf huntress!"

I rolled my eyes at her exclamation as I looked out the window, seeing dark, black clouds waver the sky in a limitless fashion. That made me realize something that was important.

"Oh, shoot, We have a storm coming in on our town!" I exclaimed in realization as I stood up quickly, leaving my controller on the floor. Ruby blinked at my sudden actions as she placed her controller down to follow me.

"Eh? Why are you so afraid of a storm?" She asked as I was closing the windows of the top half of the house. "It's not like that it will kill us or something."

I sighed as I managed to close another nearby window, feeling the wind pick up. "I don't want this place flooded from the rain.. it happened one time when I left the apartment when the windows were opened." I told her as I shivered from the memory.

Ruby tilted her head in confusion as I managed to close all windows. I sighed in relief as I looked outside of the window, seeing the gathering storm with a light downpour of raindrops started happening. Then, I felt someone next to me as I turned around to see Ruby looking at the window with a forlorn expression on her face.

"...It used to rain back home as well." She said suddenly, making me focus at her. "Me and my friends usually hang out in one place, chatting with each other as they kept talking about interesting stuff."

She turned to a wall with a callendar in it as she walked closer to it. I looked at her inspect the pages of the callendar with her hands rubbing the front page.

"I never knew that I was gone for this long..." She muttered as she kept looking at the paper. "Time sure do flies fast when you least expected it."

She sighed as she turned around, having a sad yet goofy smile on her face. "And yet, I am stuck with you, a person that is actually in a reality that I am treated as a game...which I am still wrapping my head around that."

I sighed with my hand scratching my hair. "I still don't know how you made it to this realm." I replied. "We already did everything that was possible and I don't know any options at the moment."

She sighed once more when she heard my statement. "I guess... I just miss them, that's all." Ruby stated before smiling once more. "But I have to admit, you really are a fun person to be with."

A blush crept to my face as she flashed me with her cute smile, which caused me to advert my eyes from that. "W-well, no problem..." I managed to say despite my embarrassment. "I mean, who would leave a cute girl like you around the city on her own?"

Ruby shrugged. "I mean, if anyone wants to kidnap me or something, I would totally rip their necks open." She said nonlochantly, making me sweatdrop at her morbid statement.

"You really are just weird you know that?" I told her with a deadpan expression, making her giggle.

"It's one of my qu-" Suddenly, a thunder crashed down, cutting her off as we both jumped as we were startled by the sudden bang. She yelped as she suddenly clinged on me, making my blush raise to new levels.

"Oh my, That was so frightening!" Ruby exclaimed in horror as she hid her face on my white T shirt with her hands clinging the cloth.

I felt her body shaking from the sudden thunder as she was clutching on my shirt tightly, afraid to let go as she was anticipating for another one again. Instictively, I wrapped my arms around her to calm her down.

"Shh... it will be alright." I said, trying to soothe her down while my hands pat her back. "No thunder will ever hurt you.."

When she heard that, her breathing slowed down as she wrapped her arms around my waist. Her body stopped shaking as I kept comforting her while rubbing her back to help her soothe away the fear that she had experience.

I had known for a while that Ruby was afraid of the sound of thunder. She was always jumpy and nervous everytime there was a storm approaching even though she doesn't show it much. Everytime a thunder bangs through the sky, she would hid her face onto the pillows of the couch or act like nothing happened after she yelped.

She always never showed that she was scared of the thunder as that would sting her pride. But this is the first time I ever seen her being so...helpless and vunerable.

After a while, she calmed down as she removed her hands from my shirt. She looked up to see me looking back down at her, which made her smile weakly as she separated from the hug.

"...thanks." Ruby muttered lowly in gratitude to me as she looked away. "...you didn't see anything."

I chuckled a bit. "If you say so." I replied as I turned around. "So, do you want to..."

Suddenly, I saw a girl teenager on the counter that was wearing a sky blue kimono and a small umbrella on her hands, who was looking at me and Ruby with a suprised expression on her face.

The wolf huntress' eyes widened as I couldn't believe what is in front of me. "Oh my gosh... is that you Kagi?"

And that is how my life is starting to spiral down even more in the weird side as another character from the game appeared in my apartment.

(Space)

And here you go guys! A small little oneshot which is a continuation of the 'Reality' series! Hope you guys like these types of chapters as I tried to make things interesting with these kinds of plot.

I will do the Argus requests next chapter! A Rafargus to be exact, one of my favorite ships to do as well! I have hinted a lot of times on this chapter that I clearly support Rafargus so I will indeed make one tomorrow.

Leave a vote if you like the chapter and comment down your request! I still have a couple more under my belt, some that are related to Ruby, but I do need to keep making content and you guys help me by suggesting them! Thank you for the constant support as we are half way to 40k views! :)

Stay tuned and stay awesome my friends! :D