Promise Broken

Summary: ModernAU! When Alucard and Ruby both experience a tragic accident when they were on a trip. At the hospital, Ruby seems to think that there is no more hope. Warning for major character deaths, drama and more drama.

Prepare yourself.

(Space)

I opened my eyes to see the white walls of the hospital room, feeling pained and no better from yesterday. I groaned in pain as I sat up from my bed, my long blonde hair frizzled down on my shoulders. It was always painful to wake up now, the feeling of depresion opresses me as I had struggled to even sleep at night.

It was never supposed to be like this at all. Me and Alucard should had been ina beach right now, harm free and never had to experience the feeling of despair. Now, I am all alone on the room as me and Alucard had separate rooms with no contact from each other at all.

It was hurting me.. not knowing whether he is okay or not. My heart ached everyday that I don't see his smile in front of me or hugging me while whispering that eveything will be fine and such. All I can feel now is the emptiness of the room, the feeling of depression on my mind and not leaving anywhere as the time keeps passing by.

My injuries were severe as I had lost a lot of blood during the car crash that had happened but they had managed to stabilize me from all throughout of that. I was relieved that I wasn't dead and I can still live another day with the love of my life.

Yet no news came and no nurse nor doctors are telling me if he was alive or not. It is like they are hiding treasure from me, a treasure that means the whole life of me that I can't live without. Each day wained and every day passes makes me even more anxious and hoping that he was still alive throughout it.

I clutched my chest as I felt the pain ever growing inside. Not knowing what has happened to him is killing me and making me lose hope on what is happening. I gasped as my breathing became rapsed as I tried taking deep breaths to ease myself.

It gets even more painful everyday as I felt myself not getting better at all. It was almost like torture that I am still living at this moment, making me lose hope that Alucard doesn't want to see in me.

But how can I be hopeful if he isn't here with me?

I sighed as I managed to stop the pain as I went back lying on my pillow, looking to the cieling blankly as I was waiting for anything to happen. I didn't care what happens except a news on him and probably himself barging through the door and hugging me tight even if it pains me.

I smiled at that. He would definitely do that to me as I know that he cares so much. No one really knew him too well except for me, all the people that known him to be a cocky and self loving bastard that doesn't care for me at all. Heck, they ecven gossip about him time to time if he keeps me as a slave or something.

But I know the real Alucard, the kind and sweet Alucard that always knew what right buttons to push. The Alucard that always makes me smile no matter what the situation is. The Alucard that makes my heart go fast with his kisses and loving touches.

Remembering those are the only things that had kept me going through all the pain that I am feeling right now and I would love to see his face again.

Silence greeted me sans the machine beeping next to me, a heart monitor to check whether if I am alright or not. I was occassionally having panic attacks because of what had happened, preventing me to sleept to the point that they have to inject some sort of sleeping liquid to make me rest. It was a struggle to keep on living with all the factors that I have mentoned and not one of what you always wanted is there with you.