Gusley Week: Day 6

Just Hug Me

Summary: Throughout a tough time in life, you just need some comfort to make things better.

(Space)

At the Vance's house, Lesley cried onto her couch. The recent events of Harley being whisked away by a magic of the Dark Guild was too much for her to handle as she was meant to be his protector, his guardian throughout the times that he needed her in combat. The one who was always there in the shadows for someone to try and harm her little brother.

But now, he is gone to another dimension without her because of that guild that had took him away from her. Lesley had tried to hunt the members of the guild down but no one knew where they went as if they were wiped out from the map.

Which left Lesley no options but to just wait in despair for the day that her little brother might come back in one piece. Yet the wait has been tearing inside of her... like a tornado swishing through her heart, making her feel devastated everytime she hears Harley's name.

Suddenly, someone opened the door, not bother to even knocking. It was Gusion, who had a frown on his face as he closed the door behind him and approached the crying sniper.

"I have found no leads on the City of Scholars." He stated with a sigh as he rummaged through his hair with his right hand. "Gosh, it's like those members just wiped themselves off the map! It's insane on how the manage to remove their scent."

Lesley sniffed as she kept crying on the couch, undettered by the entrance of the dagger assassin, who sighed once more as he saw that the sniper didn't even acknowledge him.

Gusion knew her to be a strong, independent woman who was too overprotective for her own brother. Heck, he even accused her once for incest (which almost got his head shot off) because she always followed Harley close by. It always had questioned him on why does she care so much about him as he can take care of himself as he heard that the boy was a child prodigy like him.

But now he understands. The dagger assassin knew that she didn't want Harley out of her sight because she truly wanted to, to protect him was her way of showing how much she loved him. When Harley was gone, Gusion knew that Lesley felt like she had failed him as she didn't stop him from disappearing.

"Lesley..." He said with a low yet comforting voice as he went closer to her, his hand patting her back. "He will be fine, we will find a way to find him."

Lesley shifted as she sat up, her visible eye is filled with tears that drop down to her cheek, reddish and watery. "...how can you be so sure about that?" She asked him, her voice cracking up. "I...I...he can be dead as we speak!"

Gusion flinched. He had never been great at comforting people at all as he had so little family affection before. He doesn't know how to truly respond to this as much as he wanted to. Giving yet another sigh, he scootched over and wrapped his arms around her.

"Look..." Gusion started, making the sniper look at him with her eyes widened at the hug. "We will find him, okay? Don't lose hope that easily."

The gaze that the dagger assassin onto her made her smile slightly as a slight red tint covered her cheeks, not from all the crying she did, but rather how affectionate and comforting Gusion was right now. Lesley had never had much luxury of being comforted much as she prefers to appear strong willed in front of others.

"If you say so." She replied simply as her hands went down to grasp his arms gently, pulling him even closer to her. Gusion blinked at that as she slightly scootched closer to him, feeling the warmth of his body onto her.

He realized how close they were being as he blushed at how contact heavy was this being. The dagger assassin averted his eyes embarrassingly, trying to find his voice in this situation.

"W-well.. I do say so." He remarked as his eyes were still looking away. "I don't want you to be sad about it when we can still keep looking for him after all. It isn't the end of him... I know it."

His eyes went back to her as he gave a small smile. "Cuz' after all, his big sister didn't raise him to be a quitter right?" He stated.

The smile on her lips widened as the look on her eyes changed, from a disdain and despir look to a determined and calm one. "I guess so... no... I know so." Lesley said, her voice feeling more confident than before.

"Good." Gusion replied as he gave off a playful sigh. "I don't want to drag you out of this place just for you to look for him as you already dragged me into this mess."

Lesley gave a sheepish grin. "I know..." Her eyes shifted away from his. "...and I am very thankful for that. You are really helping me through this."

Gusion smiled once more. "It's the least I can do Les." He said simply. The sniper yawned as she leaned back onto his chest, making him suprised of that action yet strangely comfortable when he felt her head pat his chest.

"Lesley?" He asked yet somehow he didn't get a response as she snoozed off, tired from all the restless nights of crying and worrying. Gusion sighed as he adjusted himself on the couch so he can be more comfortable as he leaned back to let the pink haired sniper get her sleep.

With a grin plastered on his lips, he let his head be on top of the sleeping Lesley as he wrapped his arms tightly around her. "Good night Lesley." Gusion said quietly as his eyes closed, exhaustion grabbing him to slumber as the two assassins slept together on the couch.

(Space)

Well... writer's block was a total numb to my writing senses that it prevented much of my ideas on this stories and instead... making me make new ones so I can just write on this one! Atleast Gusley week is ending on Monday... which I have a huge chapter as the finale for!

So yeah, be prepared for that! Check my profile if anything changes like me having writer's block or anything that keeps me from doing it. But I am positive that I can finally end the week on Monday with a huge yet well deserved chapter. :)

Leave a vote if you liked this rather fluffy comforting chapter! Comment down below on what do you think about it and check out my other stories, like Ruby Answers for example!

Thank you for reading and I'll see you guys next time!

Stay awesome friends! :D

-nite