6. Jealousy. Return Of A Lover

H

ello lovely people.

Happy reading...

In manik's cabin

Manik is pacing to and fro and cabir is looking at him trying to give a meaning to his actions.

Cabir : Ab tu kya yaha ramp walk ki practice kar raha hai kya?

Manik : (glares)

Cabir : acha bata kya hua.

Manik : bata..kya batayu? Dekha nahi tune kaise chipak kar bhaite hai dono?
(The people who saw abhi and nandu are Manbir. Manik misunderstood them to be more than friends but a sane Cabir thought otherwise)

Cabir : Manik, are you mad vo bechari ro rahi thi, I don't know why aur tu yaha yeh pakad ke bhaith gaya? Aur waise bhi you just like her, you don't love her right? Tho itna react kyun kar raha hai? Let me guess, are you jealous?

Manik : jealous and me? Never. But..But I don't know.

Cabir : (but you are in love and won't accept it. Let the cupid Cabir strike) acha leave it. Let's go home today. Aaj ke liye bahut ho gaya. You go and rest meanwhile I will talk to Abhimanyu.

Manik : ok

Nandini's home

Nandu reaches home and crashes on to bed after hours of crying. There's something about today that doesn't leave her mind, maybe someone. Whose memories she had buried deep inside her heart thinking he can never be hers. That someone on whom she has had a crush on. Maybe more than a mere crush. Someone whom she hadn't forgotten in the past 5 years, maybe she doesn't want to forget him. But at the same time she isn't even least bit of expecting to meet him ever in her life.

Nandu woke up and looked around only to find her favourite stars glittering peacefully in the night sky. Something has gotten into her, and she got out of her bed and searched for her diary. The diary that she had written long back to express all her emotions which she couldn't do in her real life. Her MM. That's what she had named her diary. The diary on which she didn't spare a glance in all these years. She needed it today, very badly.
She found it under her pile of books in her bookshelf.
She took it and went to balcony along with a pen.

Nandu and Diary's pov

(Diary's pov in brackets)

(Finally, like finally nandu will talk to me. Oh I am ao so happy. But wait, why after all these years? Kahi Manik wapas tho nahi aagaya? Oh no, phir tho nandu royegi (🙁🙁))

Dear MM, (yes it's me)

I never thought I would ever need you again.

(Oh Nandu, you broke my heart)

Today was the most unexpected day of my life. Abhimanyu asked me to join in his company as there is some vacancy, and he would anyways be there around me.

(How sweet of Abhi)

After going there I got to know that Abhimanyu works in Malhotra industries and the job that I was supposed to join is as a p.a to his boss. The boss is him, I met him, I met Manik.

(I so knew it. Phir kya hua?)

I was shocked to the core to find him there. He was never into business. As much as I know him, he wanted to become a singer. That's what everyone used to call him, rockstar. He had a smile on his face, but that hardly reached his eyes. Those eyes which I was in love with, have lost its spark.

(Hayee, mera Manik bhi kitna suffer kar raha hai. )

All these years I was happy because I thought he was happy in his life. But no. Music brings peace to him. And that peace reflects in his eyes. Music connected us. It always draws me towards him but he, he left it. I will bring back that music into your life again, Manik. [Nandu promises herself ]

(Yes yes that's my Nandu. Ok, you might be wondering why I am sharing my love, my nandu with manik but let me tell you he is that one person in nandu's life whose mere name brings a smile on my nandu's face and I can do anything for her smile. Even at the cost of sharing her with him)

By the end of it, Nandini had tears in her eyes, determination in her mind and smile on her face.
With that smile, she slept in the balcony itself under the stars.

Please do comment if you have any suggestions or any corrections.