17. Someone Died

Hello Lovely people.

Happy reading...

Manik : Chalo, bhai pat gaya. Ab uski behen bhi pat jaye bas.

He gets engrossed in his work. The whole day Manik was busy in his work and didn't even meet Nandini for once. Here, Nandini too tried to keep herself busy. Finally the day ends. Manik was about to leave his cabin when Cabir barged into his cabin with a letter in hand.

Cabir: Manik letter aay...

Before Cabir could complete, Manik cut him,

Manik : What letter? Cabir is this your new prank? don't you have any other work. And what shit have you written in it?

Cabir : haan haan aise hi ilzaam laga mujh par. Yaar aaj tak kabhi school mein ya college mein notes tak nahi likha and you are accusing me of writing letters to you? Yeh sab sunne se pehle main mar kyun nahi gaya.

Manik : (rolling his eyes) Tune nahi likha tho kisne likha?

Cabir: How would I know? Is par bas tera hi naam hai. Open and see it na.

Manik : (Guessing the contents inside)Cabir yaar I am too tired. Let's leave. Baad mein dekh lunga.

Cabir: Ok chal.

They leave when they pass through Nandu's cabin, outside which Nandu was standing, glaring at Abhimanyu and Abhimanyu was chanting numerous sorries.

Cabir: Princess any problem?

Nandu: bhai see na, subah yeh mujhe khud aane nahi diya and now he has some meeting. This guy wants me to attend that stupid meeting of his. Main bore ho jayungi waha? And this idiot isn't allowing me to go by cab.

Cabir looked at Abhi to which he winked. Getting the cue,

Cabir: Tu cab mein kyun jayegi? When so many people are there?(said the last line looking at Manik)

Manik: you want to go home?

Nandu nods.

Manik: And you don't want to go to the meeting?

Nandu again nods.

Manik: Shall I drop you?

Manik looks up and finds Abhi and Cabir standing with evil grins. Manik understood their drama.

Nandu looks at Abhi,

Abhi: Babydoll, if you don't have any problem you can go with him?

Nandu: Like I have any choice? (With that Nandu leaves from there without waiting for Manik)

Manik: Bro, don't piss her off to such extent that she'll blast off.

Cabir: Tere hi par blast hogi na. Hame kya? Aur waise Manik now you are pissing her. Jaa jaldi.

With that Manik says a quick bye and runs to the parking lot.

Inside the car.

There was an awkward silence.

Manik : Nandu aaj yeh angry bird ka avtar kyun?

Nandu : (glares)

Manik: Acha nahi batana hai tho leave it.

After few minutes,

Manik: Nandu

Nandu: Now what?

Manik: Would you like to join me on an early dinner. Then we can go somewhere else. I am starving. Lunch nahi kiya maine.

Nandu: Why didn't you have your lunch?

Manik: Woh mann nahi tha.

Nandu: ok.

Manik: Where do you want to go?

Nandu : (absent-mindedly, looking out the window) wherever you want me to take.

Manik : (muttering) Arey phir tho mujhe pura world tour karna hai tumhare saath.

Manik takes her to some restaurant and books a cubicle for privacy. But Nandu is still in her bad mood. Manik places the order for both of them as he can see that she is still not in good mood

Manik: What happened?

Nandu: Don't make me talk now. I am too pissed off. I will end up shouting at you and that's the least thing I want.

Manik: agar mere par chillane se tumhara mood theek hota hai, tho ek baar nahi sau baar chillau. I am ready.

Nandu was shocked with this sudden line and stares at him.

Manik : Yaar sach mein mat chillana. Tumhare gusse se waise hi dar lag raha hai.

That's it. Nandu burst out laughing to which Manik smiled.

Manik: Acha batau what happened?

Nandu shifted in her seat uncomfortably. Manik noticed her discomfort but didn't want to leave the topic as he know she won't come to him to tell her problem ever. So he has to be stubborn to know what had upset her. He took her hand in his and pressed it lightly, assuring her.

Manik: say?

Nandu: woh Manik..main... but pehle promise me ki tum mujhe datoge nahi. Abhi always scolds me.

Manik : Main kyun datunga baba. Say now.

Nandu: My Sherlock Holmes died.

Manik: Who Sherlock Holmes (asked for confirmation for his ears)

Nandu : (looking down) The lead character of book that I was reading

(Note: Sorry for the choice of the book. It's been quite a long since I read any fictional book. Nowadays I am into Non-fiction. But I really enjoyed reading this one)

Manik has a mixture of emotions trying to come out.

Manik : (softly) Nandini we all were worried about your outburst sometime back. Is this the reason for that?

Nandini continues to looks down. She was fully prepared to be shouted on by Manik. But he burst out laughing due to which Nandu snaps her head towards him. It took a minute for him to control.

Manik : (pulling her cheeks) you know how cute you are? Yaar Nandini, I guess you haven't checked the next part. I think the next one is "return of Sherlock Holmes".

Nandini: I know. I have read this a few times before.

Manik: then why are you so upset?

Nandu: I am mourning his death, Manik.

Manik: What? (And he burst out again). You can't be serious, girl.

Nandini: Did you read this too?

Manik: Nandini, tumhe mujhe dekhar lagta hai kya that I read books? I guess I have read some article regarding his return.

Soon, their food arrives, they eat and leave.

Manik: Chalo, let's get you home.

Nandu: I thought you want to go somewhere else?

Manik: As much as I want to take you to that place but I want to end your "mourning over Sherlock's death" session too. Go home and complete your book. We can go later.

There was a glint of happiness and some emotions in Nandini's eyes which Manik noticed and made a mental note of. They went to Nandu's place and bid bye.

Nandu went to her room, got changed into something comfortable and jumped onto her bed along with her book to end her, in Manik's words, "mourning over Sherlock's death" session.

Precap:
Nandu's night out with...? 😋

So, Nandu was upset because of a fictional character. How many of you have done this? Book lovers? 😋😋

Any Sherlock Holmes fans here?

How was the update? Waiting for your feedback.