59. The Concert

Hello Fam. This part isn't perfect but I couldn't really find what's wrong. Suggestions and corrections are more than welcome.

Happy Reading...

Concert day

Fab5 was getting ready in their allotted green room. Nandu and Abhimanyu were checking on the last minute preparations while Maddy was busy attending the guests. Fab5’s parents flew down to Mumbai except Mukti’s and were seated in their places. Abhimanyu’s parents came to cheer especially for Mukti and others. When just half an hour was left, Nandu and Abhimanyu came to the green room to check on Fab5.

Coming there they find Fab5 ‘silently’ engrossed in getting ready. Alya was the first one to notice them. She waves Nandu to come to her.

Alya(worried): Nandu, is my makeup ok? Is it looking odd?

Nandu(assuring): It’s perfect. Stop panicking now. You are going to be the best on stage.

Dhruv(frustrated): Nandu, mera tie nahi ban raha.

She goes towards him and fixes his tie.

Nandu(smiled): Dhruv, remember you are the sanest, calm and composed one among these. Stop being tensed now. Everything’s going to be perfect.

Dhruv gives her a small smile.

Cabir(complained): Nandu, mujhe bhook lag raha hai.

Nandu(chuckles): Bhai, aap ko bhook nahi lag raha. Aapne bas aadha ghanta pehle hi khaya hai. Stop confusing between being tensed and being hungry. And haan, if it’s making you feel any better, Navya is on her way from the airport. She is directly coming here.

Cabir(panicked): Hein? Navya kyun aa rahi hai? Meri band bajegi uske samne. Princess, tu iss se acha mujhe maar hi dalti. Main ab tak zinda kaise hun?

Nandu(glared): Bhai, itne tension main bhi aap ka drama zaroori hai?

Cabir(muttered): Arey woh andar se aa jata hai. Kya karu.

Nandu(confidently): Bhai, Just get me my Cool Cabir Bhai back and trust me you will be the best.

Cabir chuckles at her. Nandu smiles and goes towards Mukti.

Nandu(cupping her cheek): Tumhe bhi koi tension hai?

Mukti(confused): I don’t know. I am just happy, tensed, excited and what not.

Nandu(grinning): Irrespective of whatever you are feeling, Mukti, we are so proud of you. Lady Bheem, rock the stage.

Mukti hugs her tight with a smile. Nandu finds Manik scrolling through his mobile at a distance with a frown on his face. She sighs deeply and goes towards him.

Nandu(softly): Manik?

Manik(rants): Oh God, Nandini. Where the hell were you? Mere phone ka battery khatam ho gaya.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): That was the lamest of reasons among all. Mere paas ab charger nahi hai.

Manik(confused): Nandu, tum…

Nandu(cutting him off): Nahi.

Manik(puzzled): What?

Nandu(declared): Main ab ke ab charger nahi la sakti.

Manik took some time to process that she was teasing him and he glared her.

Manik(stammered): Nandu, I was telling..ki..

Nandu(warned): Before you start with your yesterday’s questions again, let me tell you, you have a concert to perform. Stop over stressing yourself, Manik. Main kahi nahi ja rahi. And you will be the best today.