58. Pre - Concert Jitters

Hello Fam. :)

Happy Reading...

The next few days were hectic for everyone with Fab5 practicing for the concert. Abhi and Nandu were busy with the office works. Nandu was helping the band with their work and also informing Maddy with the progress. Even Maddy used to visit them sometimes to listen to their soulful music. Navya went to Bangalore to handle the work at their boutique as Mukti and Alya were busy with the album.

They hardly got any personal time due to the song selections for the albums, recordings and other preparations for the concert. But even with the busy schedules, Manik used to sneak the time out for Nandu. They always had small talks in between their practices, whenever they get some time. On the other hand, Abhimanyu made sure Mukti was happy and Nandu didn't stress herself. He took care of everyone's needs.

The night before the concert's day

Nandu was relaxing in her room sitting with her eyes closed when her mobile pinged with a message.

Message

Manik - Up for beach?

Nandu - Now? It's too late.

Manik - Are you busy with something?

Nandu - No

Manik - Come down. I am reaching there in 5.

Nandu - Are you already on your way?

Message Ends

Getting no reply she sighed and got ready. Going down, she found Manik sitting inside the car and scrolling through his mobile. She sat inside and glared him.

Nandu(disbelievingly): Manik tum apne phone use kar rahe the then why didn't you reply me?

Manik(smiled sarcastically): Because I know you will come into your band manager mode aur sare questions puchogi. Phir mera beach ka plan flop ho jayega aur sari baatein message par hi ho jayengi. Waise bhi I wanted to meet my cute Nandu, not the band manager Nandini Murthy.

She glared him which he shrugged off easily.

Nandu(softly): Manik, kal tumhara concert hai. You need to rest.

Manik(casually): Nandu, concert shaam mein hai. Ab chale?

Nandu rolls her eyes and looks out of the window enjoying the breeze. While Manik smiles and starts the car. After few minutes when they reached their destination, they walked for some time and settled down. Nandini was busy enjoying the moon and the sea waves when Manik asked her.

Manik(muttered): Nandu, kal kya hoga?

Nandu looked at him and found him staring at the sea. Turning towards the sea again, she replied.

Nandu(smiled): Manik, tomorrow is the day you have been waiting for years. Why are you tensed now? You have been wonderful with your practice. You have given your best. You have your friends with you. And the best part, your music. It will give you your required strength tomorrow. Stop worrying now.

Manik(staring her): Tum mujhe chod kar nahi jaogi na?

Though startled by his question, she thought he was teasing her and played along.

Nandu(fake sadly): Kaise jaungi? I came with you and is time par koi aur vehicle nahi milega mujhe.

Manik chuckled at her.

Manik: Nandu, I am serious.

Nandu(surprised): I don't know why you are thinking this now. Agar tumhe itna sochna hi hai think about your concert tomorrow, Manik.

Manik(frowned): Agar situations ki wajah se if you had to leave me, then tum chali jaogi kya?

Nandu(confused): Manik, relax. Nahi ja rahi main kahi. You know, I was never good with humans. Never made any friends. Even when my parents were there, Abhimanyu was my only friend since my childhood. But now, I got you. I got Fab5, Navya, Maddy. I feel blessed to have you all around me. You are my best people, Manik. I won't ever leave you all.

Manik(whispered): Agar main kuch galat karunga toh kya tum mujhe maaf karogi?

Nandu(panicked): Manik, you are scaring me now. Kuch hua kya? Is everything ok?

Manik(frustrated): I don't know, Nandu. I am always scared when things are about you. I am scared you would push me away if I do something that makes you uncomfortable. Something that you don't agree. You are important for me, Nandu. Very very important. But if we ever had a difference of opinions..

She rubs his hand to calm him down.

Nandu(explained): Manik, you would never make me uncomfortable. Even if situations arise, I might take some break for few days and I will come back. I am never leaving you ever. Remember you are my first friend after Abhimanyu. Manik, we are two different human beings. We will have a difference of opinions at some or the other time. But we can't go cutting on people just because of this right? I know I shut people out. But not those who are close to me. Manik, I give multiple chances to people whom I consider my friends or family.

Still finding him in doubts she continues.

Nandu(confessed): After my family, you are the most important person for me. There's no one who understands me as you much as you do. Not even Abhi, sometimes. You had touched those corners of my heart that I had never dared to even look at. I never talk about my parents and their accident with anyone. But you gave me the strength to talk about them. You always make things easy for me. I feel lucky to have you beside me. Manik, you are the most perfect person I have ever met. Tum kabhi galat kar hi nahi sakte. Now, stop thinking about me, rockstar. Take a deep breathe and get ready to rule the world.

Manik(hopefully): Promise me, you will give me a second chance whenever there's an issue between us.

Nandu(assured): I will give you an infinite number of chances. I won't leave you until you push me away, not when you are angry but when you are in your proper state of mind. I will only leave you the day when you would start hating my presence around you.

Manik rests his head on her shoulder.

Manik(whispered): That day would never come.

Nandu smiles at him and keeps on ruffling his hair. After an hour of silence, she finds him trying hard to keep his eyelids open.

Nandu(concerned): Manik, ghar chale. Tomorrow is a big day. You can't afford to be tired.

Manik nods and they walk till the car.

Nandu: Keys?

Manik(assured): Nahi. I will drive.

Nandu(softly): It's ok, Manik. Tum rest karo. Let me drive.

He gives her the keys being tired and sleepy.

Murthy House

Reaching home, Nandu looks at Manik and finds him asleep. Shaking him lightly, she asks him softly.

Nandu(pleads): Aaj yahi ruk jao? It's not safe to drive when you are this sleepy.

Manik(frowned): But are you ok?

Nandu(chuckles): Of course. Now come.

She takes him to Abhimanyu's room.

Nandu(informed): Abhi ke clothes hai. Get changed. If you need something, mera room side hi main hai.

Manik(chuckles): Look at the coincidence. Once, I had said the same things to you. Remember?

Nandu(happily): How can I forget that day? Our first cricket night together.

Manik(excitedly): Let's watch another match together. What say?

Nandu(teased): Anytime. But for now, sleep. I don't want my lead singer to sleep on the stage tomorrow.

Manik chuckles and she leaves after wishing him a 'goodnight'.