40. Someone's At My Place

Happy Reading...

Murthy house, evening.

After completing her work at the office, Nandu reaches her home when she was welcomed by an 'impatiently pacing' Abhimanyu. Frowning, she went towards him. As soon as Abhi notices Nandu, he runs and engulfs her in a 'dramatically tight' hug.

Nandu(pushing him): Abhimanyu, leave me. I can't breathe.

Abhi(sadly): Babydoll, don't push me away. I really really miss you.

Nandu(gritting her teeth): Abhimanyu, we can talk without you suffocating me.

Breaking the hug,

Abhi(pouted): Babydoll. I miss you.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Abhi, I am right here in front of you. Aur tum mujhe miss kar rahe ho?

Abhi(looking down): Babydoll, main Delhi ja raha hun. For 2-3 days.

Nandu(whines): Bhai, this is not fair. Aap abhi toh aaye the. Phir se ja rahe ho?

Abhi(sadly): I know Nandu. Lekin suddenly something important has come up and you know right. Cabir is busy. Otherwise, he would have gone to this meeting.

Nandu hugs him tightly.

Nandu(cooed): I will miss you, bhai.

Abhimanyu(imitating Nandu): Nandu, we can talk without you suffocating me.

Nandu smacks his shoulder.

Abhi(assured): Babydoll, main jaldi aa jayunga.

Nandu(smirks): Of course, ab bhabhi se milne aap Bangalore nahi jaoge na.

Abhimanyu glares her.

Abhi(softly): Babydoll, if you need anything just call mom, dad or Manik. Or even Cabir or Mukti. Tu khayal rakh apna. Will you shift to Mom's place or Manik's till I return?

Nandu(calmly): Bhai, relax. I can stay here. Stop worrying about me. I will take care of myself, I promise.

Abhi: ok. Tho chalun main?

Nandu nods and he leaves after pecking her forehead.

Malhotra house

Everyone relaxes in the living room after a long day's practice when Maddy comes in. As Manik was busy on a call, he just waves at him while Cabir introduces him to the rest of the gang. After politely exchanging pleasantries, all of them settle down and wait for Manik. Finishing the call when Manik comes, Maddy goes and hugs him. Breaking the hug he says,

Maddy(tensed): Bro, I have something to share with you.

Before Manik could reply, they heard Nyo's voice booming through the living room and Maddy's expressions resembled fright.

Nyo(whisper yelled): Manik, what the hell is this idiot doing here?

Manik(confused): Mom, he is my friend.

Nyo: Kaise kaise logo ko friends banaya hai Manik tune?

Manik(puzzled): Mom, what happened?

Maddy(requested): bro, let me say.

Nyo(glaring him): No need, Manik. I know what he wants to say.

Maddy(pleadingly): Mam. It was just a misunderstanding.

Nyo(smiled sarcastically): Oh yeah. And I am the queen of England?

Maddy(helplessly): Mam, at least give me a chance to explain.