47. The Band Manager

Hello Fam. Please do read the note below. 

There are some issues which I can't control. I know you want to read the updates asap but I am as helpless as you. Unfortunately, I have some construction work going on at my place because of which there were some power issues. The current was fluctuating throughout the day and power cuts or voltage drops at night. I am hardly able to charge my devices. 

It's not like I am disappearing for weeks or months together. If at all I am on a break or something, I always inform before leaving. And even after informing you the issue, if you can't wait for the updates, then I am sorry. I really can't control the weather or current department or the networks. People who can't understand this, please do remove the book. I would inform you once the book is completed. You can read all the chapters at once without waiting for anyone or anything. 

I am sorry if you feel I am sounding rude but there are few who are making me feel guilty. There are some who are literally 'ordering' for an update and few more who think I am irresponsible. (No one told this directly but their words indicate the same). Writing is my stress buster so I won't quit it.  I hope you understand me. :)

Thank You

And to everyone who understand me and are being patient with me, thanks a lot. I really feel blessed to have you guys around. :) 

Happy Reading...

Manik reached the living room and found everyone giving him all sorts of questioning glances. The other three (Cabir, Abhimanyu, Maddy) followed with smirks plastered on their faces. He went to Nandini who was now sitting beside Mukti and knelt down in front of her confusing everyone. Ignoring all the weird glances that he was getting, he spoke after taking Nandu's hands into his.

Manik(softly): Nandu, if I ask you something, will you do it for me?

Nandu nods confusedly. Taking a deep breath, he continued.

Manik(hopefully): Will you be our band manager?

Nandu(panicking): Manik, are you serious? I don't even know the 's' of singing.

Cabir(surprised): Kyun school mein spelling seekhna bhul gayi?

Manik(glared): Cabir, shut up. (sarcastically) Nandini, main tumhari lead singer nahi band manager hone ki baat kar raha hun.

Nandu frowned.

Manik(explained): Nandini, we want a band manager. You already know all my schedules. I feel it's safe to have you than hiring someone new. It's tedious to explain the things to a new person when we want to concentrate on the album. I promise, there won't be any pressure on you.

Nandu(in a low tone): Can I have a talk with Abhimanyu for few minutes?

Manik nods smilingly. They both stand up. Just when Nandu leaves to go to Abhimanyu, who was now standing at a distance, Manik called her and whispered in her ear.

Manik: Nandini, remember one thing. Whatever your decision is, we will respect it. No one will force you, ever.

He smiles assuringly to which she reciprocates and leaves to a room along with Abhimanyu. As soon as they leave, everyone pounced upon him with all sorts of questions.

Mukti(curious): Manik, what the hell is going on?

Dhruv(concerned): Buddy, sab thik hai?

Alya(guessed): yeah, you seem so off.

Raj(worriedly): Manik beta, bolo kuch?

Meanwhile, all he was doing was shooting daggers at Maddy and Cabir.