52. Losing Her Is Losing Myself

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Next Day, Office

Evening

Abhimanyu's cabin

As Nandu has finished her work, she along with Mukti, who was in her cabin after their practice, decide to meet Abhimanyu. They were talking while he was replying simultaneously doing his work when there was a knock on his door. He asks the person to come in and finds a girl there. Abhimanyu stands up and hugs her excitedly making Mukti frown.

Abhi(surprised): Tum yahan?

Girl(smiled softly): Yeah, I just came yesterday from the states. Thought of meeting you. Hey, Nandu. How are you?

She goes to hug her.

Nandu(smiled): I am fine, Soha. It's been so long since we met.

Soha nods in agreement.

Abhi: Soha, this is Mukti. And Mukti this is Soha.

They smile at each other. Taking their seats, they talk.

Abhi(raising his eyebrow playfully): So Soha, is there any reason for this sudden visit? How am I this lucky today?

Soha(politely): There is one. I need to tell you something. (Looking towards Nandini) It's not a secret and I know your brother will share everything with you, but I will be more comfortable talking this thing with him alone. If you don't mind.

Nandu(assured): Arey, Soha, it's ok. Stop being so formal. (Turns to Abhimanyu) Bhai, I am in my cabin. Aapka jab ho jaye toh aa jana.

Abhi nods smilingly. Nandu takes a frowning Mukti along with her. Soha's talk didn't go well with Mukti and got her into thinking. After exiting his cabin and on their way to Nandu's cabin, she found Mukti all silent.

Nandu(puzzled): Mukti, are you ok?

Mukti(hesitatingly): Yeah. Nandini, do you mind me asking you about Soha.

Nandu(explained): Come on, Mukti. You have the right to know everything that happens in bhai's life. Soha is just a friend. They used to be neighbors before their family shifted to the USA. I have met her a few times. We aren't the best of friends but she adores bhai. He has helped her with so many issues, personal and professional. Even after moving from here, they still didn't lose the contact and keep a tab on each other's lives.

Mukti: Hmm. (Realizing something) oh no. I guess I forgot my mobile in his cabin.

Nandu(casually): It's ok. Lekar aa jao.

Mukti(doubtfully): But Soha?

Nandu(assuringly): Mukti yaar, there isn't anything going on that you are worried about.

Mukti(embarrassed): Nandu, main..

Nandu(smiled): Mukti, it's normal to feel like this towards the person you love. Relax. Tum apna mobile le aa jao. I will be in my cabin.

Mukti nods and leaves for Abhimanyu's cabin. Going there she finds the door slightly open, enough for the person at the door to listen to the conversations. Taking a deep breath, she was about to knock when she heard Soha speaking.

Soha(whispered in hesitation): Why aren't you getting it, Abhi. I love you a lot. I can't even think of any other person other than you.

Mukti's world came crashing down. All her life, she has witnessed people walking out of her life. Abhimanyu was the only hope but seems like destiny has some other plans for her. She was about to leave from there, when Mukti heard the voice of the most dreaded person for her at the moment, Abhimanyu.