26. Someone's here

Hello People. Last day of 2017. I hope you are enjoying. Wishing you all the success and happiness in the new year. A very happy new year. 😊😊

Happy Reading...

Nandini was looking like an angel in Manik's favorite color, red. But the thing that shocked him was, her sitting on the couch looking ethereal in a long party gown devoid of any makeup but holding a book in her hand. Only she could read a book just before going to a party, thought Manik to himself.

Manik: I never knew that the angels in 21st century hold books in their hands instead of wands.

Nandini who was startled due to the sudden voice looked up at him not before hiding her blush because of his indirect compliment.

Nandu: Manik, when did you come? Sorry, I didn't see the time. Are we late?

Manik: No, I got ready earlier than expected. I thought you will take some more time so came inside but here it's a totally different scenario. How did you get ready so early, Nandini?

Nandu: Manik, I just had to change. Kitna time lagega. A maximum of 5 mins. But 15 today, since I am not used to party wears. (And she pouts sadly)

Manik: Miss. Murthy, pretending to be sad won't change my decision of taking you to the party along with me. But I can give you a compliment instead.

Nandu raised an eyebrow at him, disappointedly.

Manik: You are one in a million, you know that right? I haven't seen any girl getting ready in 15 mins for a party.

Nandu just smiled at him.

Manik: Shall we leave?

Nandu: Sure.

They came downstairs and found kaka there.

Nandu: Kaka main ek booooriiing si business party par ja rahi hun. Aap khana kha kar so jaye.

She stretched the word 'boring' more than usual giving an accusing glance to Manik, making both kaka and him chuckle at her.

Manik: kaka aap inki baate seriously mat lijiye. Party itni bhi boring nahi hai. Aur main aapki beti ko sahi salamat ghar bhi drop kar dunga. Lekin ek shart par.

Both of them were confused.

Kaka: Haan beta bataye. Aapki shart kya hai?

Manik: Aap mujhe 'aap aap' mat boliye. Manik bulaaye na.

Kaka: bete aap Nandu bitiya ke boss ho. Main kaise aapko naam se bula sakta hun.

Manik: arey kaka. Main Nandu ka boss nahin, friend bhi hun. Aur jaise Nandu aapki beti hai, main bhi tho aapka beta hua na?

Kaka: Haan par..

Manik: par var chodiye. Manik bulaiye mujhe.

Kaka nods and they bid bye to kaka and leave. In the car, Manik notices that Nandu was staring him from the time they have left her house.

Manik: I know I am handsome but, you needn't prove me that.

Nandu snaps back to reality and laughs off.

Manik: Kuch kehna hai?

Nandu: I haven't seen a CEO of a company behaving so casually with normal people.

Manik: Nandini main bhi normal hi hun. What do you mean by normal people? Do you think I am abnormal? Haww..Nandu.

Nandu: Manik, I was talking about kaka. The way you talked to him, you know I respect you.