67. Mukti's Parents

Hello Fam. :)

Happy Reading...

Mukti along with Manik reached Murthy house as they plan on to leave together for meeting her parents. Kaka opens the door.

Manik(politely): Namaste, kaka. Kaise ho aap?

Kaka(smiled): Bahut badiya, beta. Bahut dino baad aaye.

Manik(smiled): Haan, the album and all na. Busy the. By the way, yeh Mukti hai. Abhimanyu ki girlfriend and my friend.

They greet each other. Before they could talk further, they hear Nandu's scream followed by Abhimanyu's. The trio runs upstairs. They find Nandu glaring at Abhimanyu and he was standing on the bed with a book in his hands. Manik recognizes it as the diary.

Kaka(slapping his forehead): Yeh dono kab se jhagad rahe hai iss kitaab ke liye.

Manik(assured): Kaka aap jayiye. Hum dono sambhal lenge.

He nods and leaves. Manik and Mukti go in.

Mukti(puzzled): Abhimanyu, why the hell are you standing on the bed. Niche utaro.

Manik(confused): Nandu, kya hua?

Nandu(sternly): Manik, Mukti, wait a minute. Abhi, hand over that diary to me.

Abhi(whined): Itna kya secrets hai isme? Main kyu nahi dekh sakta?

Nandu(threatened): Abhimanyu Murthy, if you aren't giving me my diary back, I will spill out your romantic secret about Miss. Rose to Mukti.

Mukti(furious): What the hell? Abhimanyu Murthy, who the hell is she?

Abhi(scared): Mukti, calm down. I can explain.

Getting off the bed, he was busy 'trying' to make Mukti listen to him when Nandu asks Manik to take the diary from him. Taking the diary from Manik, Nandu smiles victoriously.

Nandu(casually): Mukti, calm down. Rose was his English teacher in class 7th. He kind of had a crush on her and wrote his first love letter to her. Now, I guess she's married and has two kids.

Manik was amused to see this side of Nandu as Mukti stares at her in disbelief.

Abhi(whines): Babydoll, this isn't fair. Mujhe bhi padhna hai diary.

Nandu(teased): Apni diary khud likho and read.

Abhi: Nandu.

Manik(softly): Okay, guys. Stop fighting now. We are getting late.

Abhi nods.

Nandu(asked): Manik, can I come too?

Manik(frowned): Why? Tum kya karogi udhar?

Nandu(concerned): Please. It's related to my brother's life and I can't leave him alone during this.

Manik(sarcastically): Do minute pehle yeh bhai ka pyaar kaha gaya?

Nandu glares at Manik. Abhi proudly smiles and side hugs her.

Mukti(chuckles): babydoll, chal. You don't have to ask.

Nandu smirks at Manik and the girls leave.

Manik(adored): Teri behen mujhe daily ek naya surprise deti hai.

Abhi(flaunts): Meri jo behen hai.

Manik(teased): Of course, bilkul tujh par nahi gayi.

Abhi(declared): I hate you.

Abhi storms out of the room while Manik chuckles and follows him.

XYZ Bar

As they reach the place, Mukti feels a bit nervous which was noticed by Abhimanyu. He entwines their fingers and gives her an assuring smile. They start to go in, when Manik pulls Nandu aside, asking Mukbhi for a minute.