29. Manik's Little Stunt

Hello People. I have changed my username as it was attracting some unwanted attention. Hope it won't be a problem. 

Sorry for disappearing but wattpad was having some issues. Also, I have my exams now. I am not taking a break as updates are almost ready. Instead,  I will update all my stories on weekends. This schedule is for a month. 

Happy Reading...

Midnight. Malhotra Mansion.

Nandini was restless due to the behavior of Manik in the office. She tried calling him zillion time but no one answered. On top of that, Cabir called her to enquire her about Manik since he too couldn't reach him over the phone. Nandu assured him that he's fine but couldn't assure herself, resulting her standing in front of Malhotra Mansion. One of the butlers opened the door, giving her weird glances but she didn't care instead asked him about Manik and barged inside the house.

Nandu: Where's Manik?

Butler: baba apne room mein hai. Lekin unhone mana kiya hai kisiko disturb karne se.

Nandu: I don't care.

She dashed to his room, with the butler following her pleading her to stop, but found the door locked. She turned towards him.

Nandu: Is room ka spare key hai?

Butler: but Madam, hamari naukari chali jayegi. Unhone mana kiya hai.

Nandu: Do as I say. Just get me the spare key.

Soon, she took the key and asked the butler to leave who ran off fearing the wrath of Manik. She opened the door. Switching on the lights, she found him trembling with sweat beads on his forehead before he woke up screaming. Nandu rushed towards him. Sitting in front of him, she shook him to bring back into reality.

Wiping his tears she called him softly that's when he realized her presence in front of him. He hugged her to his dear life as if she would vanish if he had left her, fresh tears forming in his eyes. She waited patiently for him to calm down rubbing his back with one hand and ruffling his hair with another. After sometime she forcefully broke the hug and stood up to leave when Manik stopped her by holding her hand.

Nandu(giving him a small smile): Pani ke liye baba. I will be back soon.

He left her. She went down and gathered some water along with a can of juice from the fridge. She went to his room and found him again lost in his thoughts. Sighing, she went and sat in front of him giving him the water which he drank without any word.

Nandu(concerned): Manik, kya hua? What's bothering you?

Manik tried opening his mouth but words betrayed him instead some tears escaped from his eyes. She wiped his tears and said,

Nandu: Acha we will talk in the morning. Do you want to eat something? At least, some juice?

Manik nodded in a No.

Nandu: Just sleep, now.

Manik tossed on the bed few times before shifting his head onto Nandini's lap who was still sitting beside him waiting for him to sleep. Though startled by his sudden act, she composed herself considering the situation that he was in. She ruffled his hairs which relaxed him a bit and adjusted herself leaning back at the headrest. Both of them slipped to slumber in the same positions.

In the morning, Manik was the first one to wake up. His heavy eyelids took some time to adjust the light. Once done, he noticed his head on someone's lap. He woke up freaking out because of which even Nandini woke up since her hand was still in his hairs. He got confused seeing Nandini there.