The Coffee Shop Cutie

[Pronounced Me-KA]

	"Faster Mika! We don't have all day!"

The frazzled young college student rushes to refill the coffee beans into the machine for the first time while his boss yells at him. The afternoon rush getting impatient as he tried to figure out the machine for himself. 

"Here, let me do it." One of his co-workers, Gavin, quickly takes the bag from Mika's scrawny arms and starts to pick up the slack.

"Thanks," Mika whispers softly while blushing heavily from the embarrassment as he runs over to the counter to continue taking orders, his small hands shaking from the anxiety of being screamed at.

***

It was getting close to closing time and the shop was nearly empty except for one old man in the corner and a couple in the front who won't stop talking.

When their boss leaves, Mika finally lets out a long sigh of relief.

"Don't worry, she's always like that with new people." Gavin tries to reassure him but Mika quietly shrugs it off. 

"Hey, I'm going to go pick up my boyfriend from his uni, Do you think you'll be able to close?" Gavin asks and Mika wipes his hands on his apron, gives a slow nod.

He was pretty sure he couldn't close by himself but who was he to stop two lovers from meeting?

"Thanks, man. I'll catch you later," 

The shy young Korean man curls up in a corner, hiding until he was forced to deal with customers while doing some cleaning here and there. 

With an hour left until closing, he looks under to counter to find the keys to the front door so he could lock up when it was time to close.

"Hello?" 

A deep voice says from above and Mika clumsily reacts by going to stand, but slams his head against the bottom of the counter in shock.

"Ow,"  He groans as he stands, rubbing the back of his head as he shyly looks at the customer only to have his breath taken away by the man standing before him.

The man leans against the counter with ruffled dark chestnut colored hair, a face almost too perfectly symmetrical to be real, and stares into Mika's soul with the most beautiful light gray eyes he had ever seen. The customer was so devilishly handsome that he could hardly bring himself to formulate words for a greeting of any kind.

"Hey, are you okay!?"

The man asks out of concern and his deep voice rumbles through Mika's eardrums like a vocal symphony of smooth perfection. He has to hit himself on the back of the head in order to focus before he looks like some stupid fool. 

"I...um...haha I might have given myself a concussion, to be honest," He squeezes his eyes shut and rubs the bump that was slowly forming from the attack of the marble counter. 

Maybe this guy wasn't real. He's too perfect to be real.

But when he opens my eyes again there he was, still staring at him.

"I'm sorry if I scared you." The customer apologizes and he felt like an idiot,

"No, it's me. I'm a clumsy person. What can I get for you?" Mika finally asks and the attractive man smiles.

"A large Caramel Macchiato and the tiniest hot lemon tea you can muster." He says and taps his wrist against the scanner to pay for it while Mika gets started on the order.

"Are you new here? I haven't seen you before," The man asks and Mika nods while looking down and focusing on the order. Trying not to look at him although he could already feel his cheeks getting warm.

"Yeah, it's my first day actually." He manages to stutter out while making the small tea.

"Oh cool, That other girl must have gotten fired then. She was a real...eh, let's just say I definitely like you a lot better." He shrugs and Mika can't help but look up to catch those beautiful light gray eyes watching over him. The man leans against the counter, his head slightly tilted while rested against the palm of his hand.

"I'm Pierce, you'll probably see me here a lot." He says as Mika finishes the order, knowing if he said anything he would just make an even bigger fool of himself.

Besides his Alohowa was so posh perfect.

Mika's had a Korean twang to it that he had grown self-conscience of and found it embarrassing since Alohowa was only his second language.

"Um, I'm Mika. Oh, here you go."  He says as he hands over the coffee and tea.

"Thanks cutie, and sorry about the head trauma," Pierce says back in Korean with a beautiful smile and grabs the two drinks then leaves without another word.

Wait, did he just speak perfect Korean? And call me cutie?

"Aish!"

Mika yelps before slamming his head against the wall in embarrassment, feeling like a blushing idiot.

*Alohowa is the fake language they speak on the fake super diverse island of Bridgeport which these fictional individuals reside*

Also Mika was inspired by BTS coffee