8: Sweet Malibu

"Alejandro!"

I call out his name before crashing on top of him, curling up my legs to his back and resting my head on his shoulder. He groans in response, laying down in the sun on his stomach while watching Tae build little sand castles near the water. I was still in my business attire but didn't give a shit about ruining it when I had twelve hundred others just like it.

"What do you want?" he asks without looking at me as his head collapses into the cushion of the lounging beach chair. He wasn't giving me the attention I craved for which meant I just had to work a little bit harder for it than the rest.

"Alejandro," I say his name once more in a seductive whisper. Rolling each letter perfectly until it hit the desired sexual effect. He reaches behind him with one hand and grabs hold of my loose tie, quickly yanking me close with such a force I felt like I was about to choke.

"Say my name one more time and I swear to fucking god I'm going to take you down right on this beach in front of everyone," He warns in Spanish, which somehow manages to make his threat at least five times more aggressive before he lets go of me. Grumbling something into the cushion. I think of giving up but decide against it as I lean forward one more time. Pressing my hard chest against his hot tan back as I do.

"Alejandro," I say his name again and as promised, he shoves me so hard that I go rolling into the sand laughing my ass off before landing on my back and squeezing my eyes shut to protect them from the sun. With my eyes closed, I feel his lips suddenly pressed against mine and although I had kissed this man a thousand times before, this kiss stood out from the rest. I had kissed him so much that I knew the exact curve of his lips and how to trace it with my tongue before entering his mouth. Usually, he was very aggressive with his kisses. It was as if I was the best thing that ever happened to him and a mortal enemy who's destroyed his livelihood all at the same time.

But this kiss was different.

The gentle intake of his lips leaning into mine took me back. Instead of a frontal attack, it was a soft smack that left me yearning for so much more. There's a small string of these small kisses and I snake my arms around his thin waist. He stops and pulls away. Pushing my sandy hair back with a look of concern in his eyes.

He cares?
That's new.

"What's wrong dearest boyfriend of mine?" he asks with a surprisingly sincere tone instead of a sarcastic one.

After the fight with Peter, I just wanted one person to tell me I'm doing something right. Just one person to say 'Hey Pierce, you're a pretty okay guy,' not 'Hey Pierce, Go die in a fucking hole you whore,'

"Nothing," I lie and push him off me to sit up and shake the sand from my hair.

"You're lying," He looks at me seriously with those beautiful dark green eyes.

"What are you? A lie detector now?" I say sarcastically to hide my true feelings while avoiding his direct eye contact.

"Nope. It's my temporary boyfriend powers kicking in. I feel like I so much power and responsibility for you now," Ali says dramatically and looks at his hands as if he was going to start shooting flames or some shit.

"I hate you so much," I say without meaning it deserving that killer look which gets me every time before I lean forward to kiss him again. Only to be immediately interrupted by my young son before our lips could even touch.

"Daddy! Come look!" He calls my attention to his sand castle and I leave Alejandro alone for now since I always put Taehyung above all else. We both get up and walk over to the small lump of sand together.

"What is it?" I ask getting down on one knee and looking at this sad decrepit looking castle.

"Guess!" He smiles and triumphantly sticks his little shovel in the sand.

"Umm...An alligator?" I take a wild guess at this strange shape he's created and Tae bends over laughing.

"No! Silly daddy, it's a giraffe!" He points out as he laughs in my face.

"Look, that's the neck, the seashells are eyes, and then...well the body sort of disappeared. I guess he's a one-legged giraffe now." Tae shrugs and I can feel Ali's hand gently resting on my shoulder. I tilt my head to the left and glance up at him. It wasn't my intention but he quickly retreats.

"Would you have seen that as a giraffe?" I ask him.

"I thought it was a zebra," he whispers back and Tae rolls his eyes.

"Come on! Let's go for a walk! I want to collect more shells!" Tae squeals and starts running forward on the wet sand, leaving a small trail of footprints behind him.

"Tae you're only taking one this time! Got it!" I warn. He would take the entire beach back with him if I wasn't careful.

"But Daddy..." He frowns with those cute little gray puppy eyes, but I resist.

"We live on a island surrounded by sand and water, No." I hold my ground and he gives up with a small kick in the sand.

"But we don't live on a California beach!" He yells and starts stomping down the coast without me. I reach over and grab Ali's hand, letting our fingers naturally intertwine as we start walking.

"What are you doing?" He asks, feeling suddenly self-conscious.

"I'm taking a romantic walk on the beach with my son and my temporary boyfriend," I tell him and he looks down at our hands, blushing softly through his tan skin.

"I'm guessing this is the only time you're going to pull this shit, right? Then we go back home and it's back to you flirting with boys in coffee shops," He sighs.

"Maybe, Wait ...is that...Jealousy I hear?" I ask with an exaggerated gasp and he hits my shoulder.

"Ow stop being so abusive!" I rub the back of my head.

"I wouldn't be so insecure if you weren't such a flirt," He says back and I kiss his cheek.

"You're so possessive," I whisper, Tae Tae picks up a shell and holds it out to the sun for further inspection before a sand dollar catches his eye and he drops the last shell with a small splash. He dances in the water in small circles as he pours over the beauty of the precious shell. I laugh as I watch him with Ali smiling beside me.

"I kind of like this," Ali softly whispers as he tilts his head until it rest on my shoulder.

"I do too,"

*******

In case you didn't know what Alejandro looks like at the beach...